Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does being fired for work restriction count as time loss?
Sooo, say I had a job spraying pesticides or something.  The protective equipment they gave me was inadequate and I got sick, and the doctor says I can't be around those chemicals anymore, so they put me on a work restriction.  They have me doing something something else for a while, fixing tractors or something.  But then they say "oh we ran out of tractors for you to fix so we have to let you go".  Does this count as time loss?  If so, how long would I receive these benefits?  This is assuming I'm still able to do anything I could do before, except spray pesticides.  I tried searching to find these answers but it seems like it's a less common situation, as it's not a complete disability :-/

it may depend on whether the restrictions are permanent or temporary among other variable factors.
if you read many of the posts on this board, you would learn that each state has it's own comp rules and benefits and there is no one universal answer for all of the claims in the US.
As a generality if there were comp coverage most states would require a rating and pay benefits based on that and not pay time loss.
...but I don't even know if you could file a claim or be covered.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(03-01-2016, 11:00 PM)1171 Wrote: it may depend on whether the restrictions are permanent or temporary among other variable factors.
if you read many of the posts on this board, you would learn that each state has it's own comp rules and benefits and there is no one universal answer for all of the claims in the US.
As a generality if there were comp coverage most states would require a rating and pay benefits based on that and not pay time loss.
...but I don't even know if you could file a claim or be covered.

The claim is filed in Oregon, FWIW.  The urgent care doctor and occupational health doctor both said essentially no spraying until more medical evaluation can be done (which is still a month or two out, hence the layoff).  They were going by symptoms alone though, and didn't do any kind of specific testing or anything.  There was a recent investigation by OSHA though, that determined some level of overexposure to various chemicals, inadequate PPE and other things.

yes, there should be temporary disability benefits paid until your condition has returned to normal or it,s become permanent.
more information on oregon comp here:
http://www.cbs.state.or.us/wcd/injured_w...eloss.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr refused to fill out work restriction form Andy1689 8 548 08-26-2019, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Andy1689
  FCE and DR. Restriction . Hurtnt 3 929 06-29-2018, 11:37 PM
Last Post: 1171
  NY - Fired after returning to work from WC otmne 2 1,460 03-31-2017, 07:44 PM
Rolleyes Time-Loss Stopped - What Are My options? shefallsdown 4 2,286 01-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Last Post: shefallsdown
  Michigan permanent work restriction question dvande04 2 2,221 05-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Last Post: dvande04
  Lifting restriction jky705 2 1,923 02-02-2016, 11:57 AM
Last Post: jky705
Question Is it legal to be obligated to use my personal time for work related injury? OFilippov 1 3,781 08-22-2015, 01:55 PM
  Restriction to Work stella123 1 1,656 12-15-2014, 05:09 PM
  offered part time work cbcalles 4 4,243 09-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Manley2
Question Is it legal to be obligated to use my sick time for work related injury? lucy 11 83,311 05-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Last Post: bronco54501