Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FCE
In New York, I've been seeing a pain management doctor for a couple years and I'm not at MMI yet. I'm waiting for an approval for a 2nd shoulder surgery by a different doctor but all is from the same work related injury. At my comp hearing in December I was ordered to start a job search within my restrictions. I asked my doctor for a full list of my restrictions and he said he would be more comfortable sending me to a FCE. I got the approval for the exam last week and just waiting for them to set up a date. One question-why would they send me for a FCE when I still need another surgery? Also what should I expect at this exam?

I have read horror stories from people that have had FCE's. I wonder if there's a difference between having my own doctor requesting this exam and the insurance company requesting it.
Thank you

an FCE will provide a current measure of your ability to function physically. you will have an answer to your request for restrictions. the difference maybe in who performs the examination. it will also provide a baseline with which to measure any changes after more treatment.

lots of physical tests of endurance, mobility, range of motion, strength, recuperation rate, flexibility, stamina, etc.
generally done in a physical conditioning laboratory setting that will also measure the body's response to those various activities.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks 1171