Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Back at work but now issued P& S with perm. Restrictions
QME tomorrow,don't have an Atty.  back at work 4 mos. full duty and regular assignment . Thought adjuster on my side but sent cover letter QME stating case law and that I'm not QIW because I've been back to work. I just want permanent restrictions lifted. job will NOT accomodate long term if they are or changed. To  I'm doing well now. I disagreed with permanent and stationary report's restrictIons but did agree  that injury was solely due to incident at work (no apportionment). I'm m afraid this QME will find apportionment due to mild arthritis or weight.  What can. I do to have a fair outcome. adjuster said he was sending QME more records from  Kaiser but I didn't receive anything additional. I received a huge packet in April but that's not what he mentioned in letter I receivved  by email yesterday. !!! Please advise

With no time before the apt there is little you can do now.
There may be alternatives after the report is in.
You can object to the contents of the email and postpone the exam.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I recommend taking this letter to the WCAB where your case is located and ask to meet with an I&A officer. I do not know if it would be worth rescheduling the QME appointment or if this is reason to reschedule, but you can discuss with an I&A officer. I personally would go to the appointment, but this is my opinion.

In the mean time you can make a written request to your claims adjuster for copies of the medical records she is sending and state you have not been copied on them. You can also send any medical records to the QME as long as you notify your claims adjuster 20 days in advance.

Please know the claims adjuster is not there for you, she works for the insurance company and her job is to limit the cost of your claim.

It sounds like you are back to work and have recovered with almost no medical issues currently? If this is the case I do not anticipate a high PD rating so apportionment would not be much of a factor. Usually a high PD rating is for those who have serious injuries that have prevented them from working. Restrictions do affect PD ratings, and you have stated you are going to request no restrictions from the QME. This may in turn leave you with little PD rating.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Release to work with restrictions but no job to return to Lostandconfused 35 4,943 12-14-2018, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Hurt back at work.I feel I should get a better deal than what my lawyer is saying Alex26 5 2,204 10-08-2017, 12:05 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Which doctor can send me back to work-Kansas no1nurse2 4 2,617 11-15-2016, 01:04 PM
  Not following work restrictions First-of-his-name 6 3,070 09-19-2016, 09:24 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  NC - perm partial disability - multiple MDs to rate the part for different Dx HeyNowNC 3 2,873 07-31-2016, 01:02 PM
  perm total disability awarded/atty fees lisawilson7991 4 5,762 07-29-2014, 10:17 PM
  Another question..re. settlements vs. perm. disability lfoster21 14 14,422 04-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Work Restrictions LAworker 1 2,985 04-24-2014, 01:08 AM
Wink Back injury from work 2011 now having nerve damage Rebecca 8 15,179 04-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  finally getting perm rating, now what?? constantpain 5 5,119 06-12-2013, 11:32 AM