Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSA wants to settle, CIGA now the issue...
HELLO EVERYONE!!

I know its been a minute since I have been on, but please know I have never stopped thinking or praying for you all.

Ok, here is the skinny.....hubby injured in 1999....3 surgeries and such later, deemed 100% p&s in 2004.....been trying to settle....company went BK so now CIGA in California has it....has had it for years now.  We get a thing in the mail from the atty, Medicare sent paperwork for settlement....MSA settlement.  All paperwork good and we are very happy with it all.  We have a lady do the layout for the settlement, GREAT #s.....now we find out today, that even though Defense started all this last October, they said that CIGA more than likely will NOT go for settlement.  Does anyone have any dealings with CIGA in Cali?  Its just that, its been 16 years, and this really sucks.  It just does.  LOL!!!!

I pray you all are well and I really cannot wait to catch up with you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big Grin
Here is to Strong Women! May we Know Them, May we Raise Them, May WE BE THEM!!

Leelee

your atty may know more but i suspect CIGA is constrained more by it's budget then a carrier. It may be difficult for them to come up with large lump sums if their finances are limited and cash flow is tight.
who is the "they" that seems to know how/when CIGA decides settlements?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(01-19-2016, 10:26 PM)cookfamily Wrote: HELLO EVERYONE!!

I know its been a minute since I have been on, but please know I have never stopped thinking or praying for you all.

Ok, here is the skinny.....hubby injured in 1999....3 surgeries and such later, deemed 100% p&s in 2004.....been trying to settle....company went BK so now CIGA in California has it....has had it for years now.  We get a thing in the mail from the atty, Medicare sent paperwork for settlement....MSA settlement.  All paperwork good and we are very happy with it all.  We have a lady do the layout for the settlement, GREAT #s.....now we find out today, that even though Defense started all this last October, they said that CIGA more than likely will NOT go for settlement.  Does anyone have any dealings with CIGA in Cali?  Its just that, its been 16 years, and this really sucks.  It just does.  LOL!!!!

I pray you all are well and I really cannot wait to catch up with you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your husband received a 100% PD rating he should be currently receiving TTD payments for life and a life pension correct?

Some MSA's are higher than the carrier wants to settle and I have read other injured workers post about CIGA and how they will not offer a C&R.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Hello Cooks family! It is always nice to hear from our members and let us know how things are. It was only thru here that I was able to get the guts to stand up for myself in the WC world. I do hope you and yours are doing well
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Need Help, Attorney Issue Verenda30 15 7,757 02-25-2019, 01:45 PM
Last Post: tinainky
  Settlement issue newbrothaontheblock 2 1,539 01-29-2017, 10:47 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Return to light duty issue AverageCitizen 4 7,844 06-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Last Post: AQA
  An issue I'm having RRT 2 3,855 10-22-2010, 01:07 AM
  unemployment issue nys blake 46 29,555 05-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
Question Carpal Tunnel/Repetitive Stress Syndrome in TN-Workers Comp Issue Tizz 122 181,771 05-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Last Post: sparkey
  unemployment issue nys blake 2 3,584 04-09-2009, 05:31 PM
  NC Workman comp issue aemtmom 2 3,194 06-19-2008, 10:02 AM
  Day two, Edit issue Bad Boy Bad Boy 2 3,530 04-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Guest