Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Out of work for nearly four months
I had injured my ankle at work on August 31, 2015 and had surgery for it on October 23rd, I have been out of both of my full time jobs since I was injured and my doctor wants me to remain out of work until January 27th. I've gone without my lost wages because supposedly their insurance company didn't even know I was out of work until after I had surgery. I had to get an attorney, I had my testimony in workers compensation court maybe a week or so after my surgery. A week after my testimony, I heard from my attorney saying that the insurance company and their lawyer decided to pay my lost wages for both of my full time jobs instead of the judge having to make a decision for them. So now it's December and I'm still waiting for this check and I get this contract from the insurance company listing my lost wages and their stipulation, they aren't going to send the check unless I sign it and my attorney said he didn't see anything wrong with it so I signed it. My attorney said I could expect the check possibly before Christmas but now it's the 23rd of December and still no check. I have contacted my attorney through calling him and email about four times now and he never got back to me. While I'm waiting for this check, the utilities are being shut off and the repossession process on my car started two days ago. This is my first job so obviously my first time on workers comp, I don't know what to expect and can use some advice. Also majorly in need of money, do you think maybe I could use my eight PTOs while I'm out out of work on workers compensation? I'm going on my fourth month out of work

yes you can use your personal time.
you can change attys at any time; there will be a single fee shared between them.
contact your local county services; they can supply emergency aid during your disabiliy.
contact your utility company and advise them of your disability.
do the same with your lenders; most will work with you during your disability period.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(12-23-2015, 08:09 AM)RayC96 Wrote: I had injured my ankle at work on August 31, 2015 and had surgery for it on October 23rd, I have been out of both of my full time jobs since I was injured and my doctor wants me to remain out of work until January 27th. I've gone without my lost wages because supposedly their insurance company didn't even know I was out of work until after I had surgery. I had to get an attorney, I had my testimony in workers compensation court maybe a week or so after my surgery. A week after my testimony, I heard from my attorney saying that the insurance company and their lawyer decided to pay my lost wages for both of my full time jobs instead of the judge having to make a decision for them. So now it's December and I'm still waiting for this check and I get this contract from the insurance company listing my lost wages and their stipulation, they aren't going to send the check unless I sign it and my attorney said he didn't see anything wrong with it so I signed it. My attorney said I could expect the check possibly before Christmas but now it's the 23rd of December and still no check. I have contacted my attorney through calling him and email about four times now and he never got back to me. While I'm waiting for this check, the utilities are being shut off and the repossession process on my car started two days ago. This is my first job so obviously my first time on workers comp, I don't know what to expect and can use some advice. Also majorly in need of money, do you think maybe I could use my eight PTOs while I'm out out of work on workers compensation? I'm going on my fourth month out of work

What state are you in?
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Here: TKR 6 months Jenny_boise 3 601 01-22-2019, 12:53 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Injured Worker has not seen a PTP yet, its 8 months. Any ideas? Billy Miller 6 2,234 04-21-2018, 03:36 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  lawyer has not found my brother a PTP after Four Months in Ca? Billy Miller 6 2,506 02-01-2018, 11:50 PM
  2 months since IME appointment jojo87 6 2,156 03-27-2017, 03:54 PM
Last Post: jojo87
  2 months since IME appointment jojo87 0 825 03-26-2017, 03:16 PM
Last Post: jojo87
  CALIFORNIA- 1CM HNP, L4,L5,S1, OUT 10 MONTHS- HOW MUCH LONGER hardwey 2 1,514 02-22-2017, 03:28 PM
  Off for 2 months and no wage benefits 2000silverz28 5 5,924 07-31-2015, 03:31 PM
Last Post: 1171
  4 months and no money or treatment dwgriff1967 6 4,655 06-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  IME 2 months after Surgery Mzkelly82 16 10,852 02-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Mzkelly82
  can a doctor reverse months old restrictions? jayc123 5 5,932 07-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel