Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WC in Oklahoma ( No Idea What To Expect)
Really wish I had found this board a few years ago that would have been great  Smile A little background I was injured in 2013 hurt both knees while employed as a director at a daycare, originally was told just a sprain and would heal, we already had a move planned before injury out of state and I hoped it would heal on its own. It wasn't healing at all , after the move just getting worse, then I had a Mva in a school zone literally the guy let off his breaks (this complicated things, because I didn't seek treatment for the knees til, afterwards , anyways I did get treatment injections and MRI which didn't show too much bone bruising (in one knee) and effusion in both knees . The did deny referals for ortho so at that time I got an attorney, I believe my choice in attorney might have been the first mistake . I have been telling them from day one medical was number 1   , I flew back to Oklahoma for deposition and Drs appt and trial ,  my attorney's were trying to settle then , but I refused.  We moved back to Oklahoma because  my treatment was very important to me , first ortho  said chrodramalcia and released . Again they  (my attornies)  tried to settle .  But they ended getting me a second opinion instead , again chrondmalcia and  osteoporosis? I went to I believe 30 pt was told I would have to live with my knees as best as I could  . I was given Permanent restrictions to be seated at all times with comfort breaks as needed .  Went  to private dr ?? For for disability rating I guEss , received a rating on each knee at about 40% then saw IME for wc , I have not seen that report. we went to trial and are currently waiting on the judges decision I believe for PpD and Vocab Rehab and I really Hope Medical , as my attorneys did know I wanted it.

Questions are : do you know what I might be looking at with the judges decision? I feel like I'm losing my mind lol.

Also , I have been having falls where my knees continue to give way , I have supporting documents from the Er, how do I go about these, as far if it's showing a worsening condition? I had asked my attorney this question but all got was a dr had to state it was a worsening condition, no direction to a dr , I am supposed to go through my own insurance and say this is wc but I need you to evaluate me? This makes no sense to me and seems to be very uncomfortable to put a dr I. This situation.

If I were to have a worsening condition could I reopen with a new attorney vs the other, I'm not sure my interests were ever really theirs, that's why I finally just went to trial, I don't feel like I am MMI I'm sure there are lots out there like me , but I felt I was fighting the insurance and my attorney I was a valuable enough case :/ sorry I am sure I will have lots more questions I have been overwhelmed for a long time holding it all in , no one understanding what I have been going through.

without reviewing the evidence or knowing the issues/arguments, I can't offer even an educated guess.
the opinion of any doctor can be submitted as medical evidence on your condition.
you can change attys at any time.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(12-21-2015, 09:55 PM)1171 Wrote: without reviewing the evidence or knowing the issues/arguments, I can't offer even an educated guess.
the opinion of any doctor can be submitted as medical evidence on your condition.
you can change attys at any time.

I forgot to say my PPD rate is 318.00 weekly not sure how that factors in , what other evidence would you need in order to have some idea ?

a review of the medical reports and the deposition would be key components to evaluating your chance for a successful decision.
separating out what was due to the work comp injury and what was due to the MVA will be difficult.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Both knees were ruled as being compensible injuries related to the work place injury , my back at that point was removed from the claim , I have been receiving treatment on my own since then for my for which I has Si issues now , I was in Fl for the MVA and the "so called settlement did not even cover all my medical" my insurance paid 10,000 and so did theirs, I have never received a copy of the deposition and or the records from either Drs. Visit I attended that the wc attorney scheduled at this point I have received 1 check for 600.00 which was repayment for one of my trips I made back to Oklahoma that's it , I haven't worked since Aug of 2013. Are the deposition and medical records things I should have a copy of ?

I'm sure your atty has them and unless you plan to represent yourself or search for another atty it's not necessary that you also have them.
if there is any overlap in disability or medical conditions between the  comp injuries and the MVA, the comp carrier would be entitle to some credit for your third party settlement.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Hmmm this the first I am hearing of them receiving a credit for any part of the Mva , although they did bring it up during trial but in a way to make it look as though I had a preexisting conditioning I allowed the auto insurance to pay for as I was already in pm fir back pain (mind you with a clean MRI ) , so it looked more as though that was their defense is if that was preexisting and. I allowed medical to compensated , and now their IME is saying my knees are preexisting although all other Drs have stated they are work related as well , with all medical certainty. I didn't receive any settlement for the Mva it didn't even cover my medical bills , all in all at least I was able to get objective treatment which hasn't been the case in my wc.

If you did not get $$$ for Mva then comp carrier has nothing to attach credit to.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone have any idea if WC can do this? RootsGal 1 1,382 03-09-2016, 09:17 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  WC in Oklahoma ( No Idea What To Expect) Stupid Knees 0 1,075 12-21-2015, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Stupid Knees
  Any idea, Please help BackPain2011 7 5,656 05-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Last Post: BackPain2011
  Idea's of what I should look for in a settlement Hurt medic 2 1,990 05-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Oklahoma rolls back Worker Rights in comp 1171 3 3,749 05-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Have no idea what is going on? Bill 9 4,957 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Last Post: AQA
  I have no idea what WC is or what to do? Advice please!! Hferna 2 3,066 07-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Last Post: 1171
  ic offered a low amount.was choosing a hearing date a good idea? str8active 16 18,085 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1171
  oklahoma injured knee critter 14 11,322 01-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Oklahoma ? chris moorman 14 13,156 05-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion