Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cervical injury people
For those that do not know me,

My name is AQA. I have a spinal injury L5-S1 that has been fused and I have an SCS.

At present, I have returned from traveling for work and I find that me left arm and Hand is going to sleep on me.

I would like to know which vertebrae might ne causing that.

Thank you
AQA
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

many neck vertebrae affect parts of your arm/hand.
Your C-6 nerve controls your thumb and forefinger, C-7 nerve controls your middle finger and your C-8 nerve your ring finger and pinkie.
a nerve conduction study would be needed to pinpoint specific area.
could also be something else:
http://www.medguidance.com/thread/Left-A...bness.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Greeting young wise one, (AKA 1171)

Thank you for your response.

I will look at the sites you provided later. I think I may have found what is aggravating the spine.

I have not sat in a chair other that for work for about 6 months. Hence my spine is leaning forward most off the day. Yesterday, I noticed that if I lean the seat of the truck back slightly the symptom goes away, so today at work I did the same with the chair and the symptom went away.

I will make contact with my regular dr. next week. A few weeks latter I will be living a normal life and be spending more time sitting properly.

Once again, Thank you
8-05, Micro laminectomy/disectomy. 10-05 lumbar fusion L5-S1. 2-07 exploritory surgery. 12-07 medical implant, Spinal Cord Stimulator. now receiving SSDI. After going back to school, I received my degree as a mechanical engineer. What can I say, it was the only way I had to beat the system. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cervical spine injury question Bummer Knees 44 43,687 11-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Last Post: bugmann
  Lumbar and Cervical Injury my2xyz 4 10,780 10-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Last Post: CheriLovesJesus7
  all cervical people your opinion please!!!!! tweety00 39 15,866 08-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Last Post: HAPPYHIPCIN05