Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
looking for help in pa
Hello all i am an injured worker and new to this form.ihad recentely fell out of my work truck damaging my back ankle knee and head i have a contusion on back and a concussion was only at emergencyroom so far they are sending me back to work in 4 days between the headaches dizziness and nausea and backpain into pelvis im not sure. I can drive my truck on its route feelin this way can anyone help guide me in right direction.thank you in pa

you can request a change of doctors or a second medical opinion.
contact the insurance carrier and then followup your request in writing.
"You are free to choose your own health care provider to treat your work injury unless the employer accepts your claim and has posted in your workplace a list of six or more physicians or health care providers. You are required to visit a provider on the list for initial treatment. You are to continue treatment with that provider or another on the list for a period of 90 days following the first visit. You may see any provider on the list; your employer may not require or direct you to any specific provider on the list.
....After the 90 days, and in situations where your employer has not posted a list or an improper list, you may seek treatment with any physician or other health care provider you select. You must notify your employer of the provider you have selected. "

more information here
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/ser...715&mode=2

Timothy Belt is a PA comp lawyer who visits this site regularly and can offer more detail advice on challenging employer directed medical opinions.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

In PA your employer must provide you with a list of at least 6 medical providers when you report your injury. You get to choose from this list. If you are not provided with the list you can treat with anyone you want even during the first 90 days. Even if you are provided with the list you can still treat with doctors other than the panel during the first 90 days if you are willing to pay for the treatment.

Frankly, you should probably just call a local workers' compensation lawyer. In PA workers' compensation lawyers can not charge a fee until it is approved by a judge or the Appeal Board, so your initial evaluation is free and many workers' compensation lawyers are happy to monitor your file and help you with your claim without a fee until the case actually goes into litigation or settles. I personally have handled many files for months or even years without charging anything. My point is that since there is no initial financial cost, you might as well have the benefit of legal counsel rather than trying to handle this alone.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

Ok guys thanks for the replies a little follow up its been 2 weeks now ins company called me first day of accident called them back mutiple times left voicemails no one returns calls my boss even called and emailed and nothing so i got thru today i was told they denied claim beacause i dont work for the cable company no excrement not even close lol so i tell them and they said that someone messed up paperwork now what they denied meds and all .....

you can appeal the denial of benefits.
from the link I gave you:
"it may be necessary for you to file a petition with the Office of Adjudication. Forms can either be obtained online at http://www.dli.state.pa.us or through the Claims Information Helpline at 800-482-2383. The Office of Adjudication is responsible for resolving disputes by assigning petitions to WC judges who decide each case after holding hearings on the issues."
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

In my experience once a claim is denied it is almost never reversed unless a Claim Petition is filed. Unless you have the personal knowledge necessary to handle hearing, depositions and presentation of evidence, you should consider hiring a lawyer.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.