Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facilitation in Michigan
Greetings...

At long last, my case is scheduled for a facilitation meeting with a magistrate.

The offer last month was 19k, this month it is 20.1k only days before our meeting.

I told my atty that I'm not interested in settling my medical since I am still receiving treatment thru the VA. I'm at the VA because the insurance company refused to pay my civilian doctor. My atty told me that the insurance company wouldn't agree to open medical. So I told him that, once again, I reject their offer.

This is the amount they already owe me in back wc payments. They also offered to pay my past medical, which they should have paid already.

I have been working manufacturing and can no longer do that type of work. I have two herniated discs in thorasic and five bulging in lumbar with stenosis.

(12-01-2015, 08:42 PM)Sedertree Wrote: Greetings...

At long last, my case is scheduled for a facilitation meeting with a magistrate.

The offer last month was 19k, this month it is 20.1k only days before our meeting.

I told my atty that I'm not interested in settling my medical since I am still receiving treatment thru the VA. I'm at the VA because the insurance company refused to pay my civilian doctor. My atty told me that the insurance company wouldn't agree to open medical. So I told him that, once again, I reject their offer.

This is the amount they already owe me in back wc payments. They also offered to pay my past medical, which they should have paid already.

I have been working manufacturing and can no longer do that type of work. I have two herniated discs in thorasic and five bulging in lumbar with stenosis.
Hope you get what you want.
As long as you are going for a meeting you might as well ask for penalties for their unreasonable delays.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Yes,Thank you.

I looked into penalties awhile ago. At least in Michigan, there is a penalty cap of $1,500 or $2,500. The latter number sounds right.
I'm not backing down and accepting the lo ball offer. My atty says I have a residual wage earning capacity. I said, Fine... The difference between what I used to make and minimum wage is x amount. Multiplied by the next twenty years until I can retire on ss is six figures. That doesn't include future medical costs for this injury.

maybe the cap is for each offense. if you can show multiple offenses it might be worthwhile.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I don't know... The only offense with penalty I know of is stopping wc payments and they only did that after the IME said I could return to work (of course).
Wading thru a lot of paperwork tonight. I found my doctors notes refuting the IME's recommendations. A time off work slip for three months with another document from COBRA stating I was terminated less than four weeks later (retaliatory termination). I have the first doctors order putting me on restricted hours, working 8 out of a 10 hour shift that I wasn't compensated for. Not including days I was sent home because they didn't have work I could do. Two separate MRI's showing my condition worsened while on work restrictions.
Lots of documents to support my case if they want a trial.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settlement Questions- Michigan chubbygodofthunder 11 3,460 02-05-2020, 11:05 PM
Last Post: chubbygodofthunder
  when do wages start accruing (WC in michigan) tropic00 2 968 01-17-2020, 06:16 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Michigan permanent work restriction question dvande04 2 3,065 05-04-2016, 06:03 PM
Last Post: dvande04
  Michigan Comp Case MyBackHurtsBad 3 3,428 02-17-2016, 05:36 PM
Last Post: MyBackHurtsBad
  Michigan-worker's comp settlement for $60,000 fair for a broken back? sunnykate 2 7,225 12-02-2015, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Sedertree
  Restricted to work 7-4 question (Michigan) and.so.it.begins 3 4,203 04-05-2015, 11:19 PM
  michigan light duty daczs100 15 15,551 02-28-2014, 11:40 PM
  From Michigan: New to this, have a ton of questions. tmilit01 4 6,083 06-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Advice Needed Please in Michigan Injured Soul 4 4,667 12-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Stormy
Rolleyes Now what in Michigan? neenee 6 6,588 07-15-2011, 06:05 PM