Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can you Leave the Country for 2 Weeks when You Are on W/C
Been injured almost a year now. Seeing a doctor every month, he released me with work restrictions but my employer doesn't have a low duty position for me and I am staying home all time and getting payed TTD benefits. I still didn't reach MMI. My question is if I can leave the country for 2 weeks to see the family and come back? I am not worry about losing TTD benefits for those 2 weeks that I am outside the US, and when I come back if I would be still covered by workers comp?
Of course I would ask my doctor first for approval first and of course I would stay within my restrictions. Do I need to fill out some sort of request for leaving the state? (I am in FL).
I am planning to ask all this my lawyer too but I wanted to check it here if too if somebody had similar experience with leaving the country for 2 weeks while on workers comp.
Also do I lose my vacation time as well if I haven't been working all this year due to injury on work? 

Thanks in advance for all your help

Michael.

yes, you can travel. leave rules like vacation and sick leave are controlled by the employer and/or any collective bargaining agreement. workers comp has no rules on about leave usage.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(11-21-2015, 11:32 PM)mike985 Wrote: Been injured almost a year now. Seeing a doctor every month, he released me with work restrictions but my employer doesn't have a low duty position for me and I am staying home all time and getting payed TTD benefits. I still didn't reach MMI. My question is if I can leave the country for 2 weeks to see the family and come back? I am not worry about losing TTD benefits for those 2 weeks that I am outside the US, and when I come back if I would be still covered by workers comp?
Of course I would ask my doctor first for approval first and of course I would stay within my restrictions. Do I need to fill out some sort of request for leaving the state? (I am in FL).
I am planning to ask all this my lawyer too but I wanted to check it here if too if somebody had similar experience with leaving the country for 2 weeks while on workers comp.
Also do I lose my vacation time as well if I haven't been working all this year due to injury on work? 

Michael.

What state are you in? You can go out of the country and do not have to use your vacation time as you are TTD and you are still covered by WC when you come back. Just be careful of not hurting yourself with luggage etc. I do not think you need to notify anyone involved with your WC claim you are going away for a few weeks as long as you do not miss any doctors appointments.(JMO)
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(11-22-2015, 02:07 PM)California_Help Wrote:
(11-21-2015, 11:32 PM)mike985 Wrote: Been injured almost a year now. Seeing a doctor every month, he released me with work restrictions but my employer doesn't have a low duty position for me and I am staying home all time and getting payed TTD benefits. I still didn't reach MMI. My question is if I can leave the country for 2 weeks to see the family and come back? I am not worry about losing TTD benefits for those 2 weeks that I am outside the US, and when I come back if I would be still covered by workers comp?

Michael.

What state are you in? You can go out of the country and do not have to use your vacation time as you are TTD and you are still covered by WC when you come back. Just be careful of not hurting yourself with luggage etc. I do not think you need to notify anyone involved with your WC claim you are going away for a few weeks as long as you do not miss any doctors appointments.(JMO)

I am in Florida state. Thanks for your help and reply!

Michael.

I am not in Florida but I assume it's all common sense. If you are not violating any of your restrictions or going to miss any important appointments like AME appointments or trial dates. I don't really see the problem in going on vacation outside the country.
There's nothing more important than our good [url=http://www.rolandlaw.com]health[/url] - that's our principal capital asset. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  M.A. IME in a few weeks spoe.eops 0 158 09-28-2019, 05:44 PM
Last Post: spoe.eops
  104 weeks ttd Lostandconfused 4 805 09-22-2018, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
  Pay went down From $446. To $211. After 12 weeks stangbill 3 1,489 06-27-2017, 11:30 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Mmi releasing me with no restrictions. MRI shows ruptured disk 3 weeks ago stangbill 6 2,733 06-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Wanting to quit job for awhile...now out on leave... What to do? darkenedflame01 4 4,009 06-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Will I lose my job after being out on leave for longer than 12 weeks? cainjuredworker 3 3,121 02-04-2016, 12:30 AM
  Florida 104 weeks Martymarr2009 1 1,583 10-27-2015, 06:05 PM
  florida 104 weeks maxzillia 1 2,320 06-22-2015, 11:07 AM
  Where's my check? 6 weeks post surgery!! Osok 2 3,480 05-29-2015, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Osok
  Vacation/Sick Time Accrual During Workman's Comp Leave msyentah188 1 11,967 04-05-2014, 01:33 PM