Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what happens at court of apeals ????
hi so ive won my 2nd appeal again... but I hear he can file a 3rd appeal at the court of appeals so will I have to goto  trial again ?this is very fusterating as its been 2012 since ive worked ..... gas , propane , elect are not free im feeling really screwed as  this is affecting my kids now ..........I don't know what to do at this point .......but get unsafely mad !!!!

if you are referring to the US Appeals court, then the appellate level does not involve a trial; it is merely a review of the legal issues and precedents to make sure the law is followed correctly. it's most often used when there are multiple contradictory laws or case precedents.
a writ is submitted by the appealing party and the court reviews and decides whether to take the issue or not.
if the appellate court denies the writ, then the decision as rendered stands.
most often the writ is denied.
appellate decisions can be appealed to the supreme court.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta...of_appeals

you have the same appeal rights as the employer and if the original decision was against you, then the employer would also likely be unsafely mad at your delays.
the protections against mistakes works both ways.
some states have penalties for filing frivolous and groundless appeals just to delay the decision.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.