Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament. ANYone else besides me?? HELP
Are thier anyone else out there besides me who has been diagnosed with (OPLL)ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament.It is almost impossible to find reliable information online about this condition and my Doctor says this disease is so rare that not many Doctors knows too much about this condition.For the people who dont know anything about this disease its when your ligaments basically calcify and turn into bones'which leads myelopathy  and paralysis.I would love for someone who suffers this condition or know anything about this condition to chime in...

how is this related to your working conditions?
are other workers/occupations at risk?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I never knew I had the disease ' never had any symptoms before I was involved in a vehicle accident while at work.I broke my c6 vertebrae ' got 4 bulging disc 'severe stenosis along with aggravation of the Opll.The disease has significantly advanced since the work accident.Im now left with permanant restrictions on lifting and limited range of motion in my neck.I will not be returning to my previous job or any job that requires any lifting.The thing what concerns me the most is the Dr.says this condition is inoperable because of the risk associated with it due to the other condition coupled with the Opll ' so I'll be stuck with this disease that would surely worsen over time alone with constant pain and limited use of my body.I have a higher risk of becoming paralyzed by simply having a fall or a simple fender bender.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  returning to work after global(anterior/posterior) fusion jstadfrntpn 8 12,072 11-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Last Post: jstadfrntpn