Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TX- meds, MSA, and laws
I am in TX now, and in April my dr put me on methadone, saying that Texas no longer allowed them to prescribe anything except methadone, fentanyl, or suboxone for long term pain. I settled my case in CO in 2010. I have a good medicare set aside, and have been stable for 5 years on MS Cotin and Oxycodone for breakthrough pain. I am now on the Methadone, 25 mg spread through the day and that is all i can take and remain conscious. I am try to find new doc, but no one will even listen to me to hear about my set aside. The either hear worker's comp or medicare and refuse me as a patient. In TX you cannot pay cash if you are a wc patient, so they won't hear me when I say I will pay. I need to know if this mess about themeds is true, I think he is lying, he was censured in April. What do I do?
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

you need to find out if it applies to all medical treatment in texas or just texas workers comp (which is what I suspect)
since you are a colorado case and not under texas comp there may be an exception.
you can contact the texas DWC
http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/indexwc.html
or the state medical board
http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(09-08-2015, 09:09 PM)Sithie Wrote: I am in TX now, and in April my dr put me on methadone, saying that Texas no longer allowed them to prescribe anything except methadone, fentanyl, or suboxone for long term pain. I settled my case in CO in 2010. I have a good medicare set aside, and have been stable for 5 years on MS Cotin and Oxycodone for breakthrough pain. I am now on the Methadone, 25 mg spread through the day and that is all i can take and remain conscious. I am try to find new doc, but no one will even listen to me to hear about my set aside. The either hear worker's comp or medicare and refuse me as a patient. In TX you cannot pay cash if you are a wc patient, so they won't hear me when I say I will pay. I need to know if this mess about themeds is true, I think he is lying, he was censured in April. What do I do?

If you settled your case and have a MSA you are no longer a work comp patient, so I do not see a need for you to mention work comp. Your case is closed. You just need to find a place that will charge you Medicare rates. 1171, what is your opinion on this?
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(09-09-2015, 03:33 PM)California_Help Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 09:09 PM)Sithie Wrote: I am in TX now, and in April my dr put me on methadone, saying that Texas no longer allowed them to prescribe anything except methadone, fentanyl, or suboxone for long term pain. I settled my case in CO in 2010. I have a good medicare set aside, and have been stable for 5 years on MS Cotin and Oxycodone for breakthrough pain. I am now on the Methadone, 25 mg spread through the day and that is all i can take and remain conscious. I am try to find new doc, but no one will even listen to me to hear about my set aside. The either hear worker's comp or medicare and refuse me as a patient. In TX you cannot pay cash if you are a wc patient, so they won't hear me when I say I will pay. I need to know if this mess about themeds is true, I think he is lying, he was censured in April. What do I do?

If you settled your case and have a MSA you are no longer a work comp patient, so I do not see a need for you to mention work comp. Your case is closed. You just need to find a place that will charge you Medicare rates. 1171, what is your opinion on this?

as I posted I suspect it just a texas comp limit; providers often don't bother with the detail and once they hear "comp" they use a canned response.
she probably doesn't want those kind of docs any way. you want some one that asks questions and knows what they are doing.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Update. I got in with a near and have next appt Wed morning. He seems ok. Now in TX you have to see a neuropsychologist (sp) in order to get pain meds. Guy I saw was a nice man, and told me flat out it is ridiculous. But TX DPS has joined with DEA to make sure there is lots more attention paid to pain medicine then there is to mad bombers, or illegals, or other things which might actually help.
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Workman’s comp laws in Hawaii Me in Hawaii 1 916 10-26-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: 1171
  The Laws need to change !! tinainky 2 1,892 09-05-2018, 09:31 AM
Last Post: tinainky
  CA new laws pertaining to Medication/Treatment Babebahn 5 3,283 01-11-2017, 02:28 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Ca treatment laws mlburns69 2 2,338 05-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  WC Laws need change Cdavid 11 8,851 04-20-2013, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Cdavid
  Laws needed to speed things up casual1 7 6,274 08-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: casual1
  Applicability of WC laws abroad Exit 4 5,891 04-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Exit
  KS governor signs new WC laws bodybuilder1958 17 13,570 04-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Last Post: kate
  laws changed orange 1 3,465 11-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  What are the laws concerning an MMI extension? planetboxer 8 9,673 07-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Last Post: planetboxer