Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voc Rehab Question
Going to mediation next month and the DA has asked for Voc Rehab eval this week. State is SC.
I'm not at MMI and have several issues from the injury date that have not been addressed yet.
DA is pushing for settlement.

Question is : what are the do's and dont's with Voc Rehab? I'm not able to sit/stand for more than a few minutes due to back injury. ( if mediation fails, next step is a hearing for the back to make the IC responsible for the back)

I've heard they try and trick you during the Voc rehab meeting. Lawyer will not be present. Paralegal will be.

Suggestions?
Thanks

this might offer some helpful information:
http://injuredworkersadvocates.com/PDFS/...apter4.PDF
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks.

Does anyone have any insight into meeting with a Voc rehab perosn when not at MMI??
What kind of questions do they ask?
Yes, I want to get back to work but due to my injuries not being addressed, I'm in constant pain....

So no one on his board has had a meeting with Voc rehab and not been at MMI??????

(08-12-2015, 03:16 PM)I'm from Arizona and Work Comp had me set up to meet with a labor consultant to determine what job I could do.  I had retained an attorney and was advised not to meet with the labor consultant.  Subsequently my attorney contacted me to advise the labor consultant had selected a job for me and I never met the guy.  I obtained a copy of his report, errors in every paragraph, and a job selected I couldn't even perform due to my injury.  Due to this report Work Comp cut my benefits by a lot.  Market consultants and voc rehabs are not on your side.

When you meet with the voc rehab I'd bring along someone you trust.  When you get home, write down notes, quotes, anything important while refresh in your mind.  Get a copy of the voc rehab's report and write an Amendment, Designated Record Set addressing any errors.  Make sure Amendment, Designated Record Set is the headline on the page.  Keep a copy for yourself, send a copy to your claims adjuster, or attorney if you're represented asking them to forward a copy to the adjuster, with a request the Amendment be placed in your Work Comp file.  If you don't address any errors and submit the Amendment, then the voc rehab report will stand as correct and accepted by you.I hope this helps.

Scooter123 Wrote:
Going to mediation next month and the DA has asked for Voc Rehab eval this week. State is SC.
I'm not at MMI and have several issues from the injury date that have not been addressed yet.
DA is pushing for settlement.

Question is : what are the do's and dont's with Voc Rehab? I'm not able to sit/stand for more than a few minutes due to back injury. ( if mediation fails, next step is a hearing for the back to make the IC responsible for the back)

I've heard they try and trick you during the Voc rehab meeting. Lawyer will not be present. Paralegal will be.

Suggestions?
Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...h+Carolina

and vocational rehab in work comp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8W_81vSkuo

This is some videos about voc rehab evaluation in your state. You can look through them and see if one will answer your questions.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  STD and Voc Rehab Question NVworker 4 4,939 02-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Last Post: NVworker
  Question to 1171 re: Voc Rehab katicabogar 8 7,813 01-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Last Post: katicabogar