Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Petition and Order to Take Off Calendar
My workers compensation claim was made in the State of California

I want to keep my story short. I filed several workers comp claim and case is set for trial on august 11th 2015. I realized that there are numerous discrepancies and several serious errors made by my attorney just weeks prior to trial. I fired my attorney and I filed a petition to change the venue and must file a order to take trial date of calendar ASAP.

I don't have my complete file on hand and i can not prepare for trial. I am hard of hearing, practically deaf and i can not represent myself such the state of health
I just find out about the trial date today - 10 days before the trial. Application for adjudication was improperly filed and needs to be amended. There is further discovery necessary based on PTP report. 

Please advise me how to file an order to take trial off calendar, I would greatly appreciate it.

I assume i have to write a motion with legal grounds, arguments and attach an order for the judge.. but cant find any samples online.
you can contact the Information & Assistance Officer at the board where the trial is scheduled for help.

you can also have your new atty take care of those details.

the DWC is willing to accommodate your disability as you use their services.
more here

sometimes just a written request to take the matter off calendar accompanying your substitution of atty form or dismissal of atty form will suffice.
of course a copy of your correspondence to the court should go to the defense atty and any other parties of record.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
1171: sincerely appreciated. will call asap and check links. I was talking to I&A today. Seemed to be very conservative and I was give quite an ambiguous answer. Ill try again, maybe was just  the officer.  It wont be  easy to find a reliable atty in just a  few days. so ill have to move per se.

many thanks. D
you can search for work comp atty by zip code here:
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
Try calling another I&A officer, or you can go down and meet with one and they can help you fill out forms and go over what is needed.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can Work Comp Appeals Board order retirement? Amanda15 6 5,009 06-24-2020, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Amanda15
  Petition To Re Open Shadow 12 10,893 10-29-2015, 01:42 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Petition and Order to Take Off Calendar dav87 0 2,063 07-30-2015, 11:15 PM
Last Post: dav87
  PETITION: DOR FILED - MSC candiscalifornia 8 21,086 06-23-2014, 07:23 PM
Last Post: 1171
  scheduling order? hogg76 7 6,231 04-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Last Post: 1171
  I need injured workers to sign my petition thanks lizdawiz82 0 3,848 10-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Last Post: lizdawiz82
  Doc refused to comply with DIME order. lefty 4 6,572 05-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Last Post: lefty
  What does this mean? Ins. Comp. Withdrew Petition to Term. Benefits. Jane0218 1 5,680 07-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  Physician order for a bed st. clare 15 16,405 09-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  Question about judge's order Bummer Knees 13 9,979 01-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)