Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Accident while being treated for injury
(06-25-2015, 08:49 PM)California_Help Wrote: I would contact an attorney before giving a statement to your insurance company and before speaking to your doctor.

This will complicate your work comp claim.

How will this complicate my claim?

I would discuss this with an attorney.

You have a work related injury, and have now been re-injured in a car accident and have pain in same body part. Insurance companies do not like paying out on things that may be another insurance companies liability. This is an issue best left to discuss with a work comp attorney and also an attorney that deals with auto accidents. I would discuss this with an attorney before giving statements to insurance companies and doctors. You can get a free consult with an attorney. They are best to advise you on if this is going to complicate your work comp claim and not a message board.

Good luck to you.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Just wanted give an update for anyone who's interested. I've seen the doctor and
he gave me a quick exam after I told him Id been involved in a car accident, I informed him that my pain level has gone down to it's base line level and no further damage to my injury seemed apparent. The accident hopefully just caused a flare up. He took notes and sent me on my way. Now I will just wait and see if the Claims adjuster contacts my attorney in any way. I'm hoping that this does not complicate my claim , as it seems unlikely that it would.

I am relieved you did not get hurt any more than you are from your work related injury. You are very young and I hope you also recover from your work related injury. Often times people your age can recover from injuries. My advice is to stay healthy and do home exercises prescribed by your doctor and whatever it takes to recover. Stay away from evasive surgeries and you may have to stay away from physical jobs to prevent further injury. If you need to go back to college to do this I would highly recommend it.

Take care.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(07-07-2015, 11:03 PM)California_Help Wrote: I am relieved you did not get hurt any more than you are from your work related injury. You are very young and I hope you also recover from your work related injury. Often times people your age can recover from injuries. My advice is to stay healthy and do home exercises prescribed by your doctor and whatever it takes to recover. Stay away from evasive surgeries and you may have to stay away from physical jobs to prevent further injury. If you need to go back to college to do this I would highly recommend it.

Take care.

Thank you for the well wishes. Its been a slow recovery process, but I'm hoping my young age will help me to reach a full recovery. I do my best to stay active and healthy (walking and good diet). As far as school, I couldn't agree more. I know now that a physical job is not an option for me and will only worsen my condition. I'm hoping to go back to school and study a trade and re-enter the work force.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Car accident Babebahn 15 3,418 04-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: California_Help
MyBB car accident sandman 5 4,796 02-20-2018, 12:02 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Injury treated, back to full work, now in pain? CassieF 3 7,898 10-19-2012, 08:23 PM
  Moving while being treated powderedwater 1 3,225 03-01-2012, 07:59 PM
  Ways you have been treated since getting hurt at work ? tweety00 44 27,725 12-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Is this really how I'm suppose to be treated?? maint314 102 75,303 12-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Last Post: maint314
Big Grin HELP! What if I find different job while still being treated for injury, who pays? piscesjavagirl 12 19,422 10-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Car Accident IrishEyes 3 3,478 03-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Last Post: IrishEyes