Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Accident while being treated for injury
Hi there my name is Brian and I have a question for everyone. Im looking for input. I am post microdiscectomy and looking at having a fusion surgery at l5/s1 level soon. I am receiving workers compensation. I was in a car accident today and was rear ended with the other driving being at fault. Damage to my vehicle was minimal but the jolt of the collision as spiked my pain. I am wondering what to do in this situation and who needs to be contacted. I hope I can get some useful insight on how to proceed.

contact the other driver's insurance just like you would do normally.
make sure you advise your doctor of this new incident. it will be up to the medical professionals to assign liability for the medical consequences.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-23-2015, 09:01 PM)1171 Wrote: contact the other driver's insurance just like you would do normally.
make sure you advise your doctor of this new incident. it will be up to the medical professionals to assign liability for the medical consequences.

I've done that so far. I'm waiting to hear from the other drivers insurance today. I will be going to the hospital today to get checked out. Last night and this morning I've been in terrible pain. Guess well wait to see what the outcome will be. I have an appointment with my spine surgeon on the first. I will make him aware of what happened. I've contacted my attorney as well... Just wondering how this is all going to effect my workers comp claim. I hope things don't get complicated.

it depends on your state's laws.
if it extends disability or treatment they could suspend comp benefits during the interval.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-24-2015, 12:06 PM)1171 Wrote: it depends on your state's laws.
if it extends disability or treatment they could suspend comp benefits during the interval.

That's what I'm afraid of. According to my attorney that issue has not been brought up yet, but I am still in the process of communicating about the incident. I'm only 24 if I keep going at this rate ill be crippled by the time I'm 30:/

like many things, good health is not fully appreciated until it's lost.
be well.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-24-2015, 05:13 PM)1171 Wrote: like many things, good health is not fully appreciated until it's lost.
be well.

I couldn't agree more! Thank you for your replies and same to you

If you claim to have caused further injury to an already claimed workers comp case, the insurance company WILL claim apportionment, so I would be careful on how I would proceed if I were you.

This is called a third party claim.

I have been through this, and don't really want to post to much info on public site, but can private message you, if you want.

I would contact an attorney before giving a statement to your insurance company and before speaking to your doctor.

This will complicate your work comp claim.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

(06-25-2015, 03:32 PM)dolphins Wrote: If you claim to have caused further injury to an already claimed workers comp case, the insurance company WILL claim apportionment, so I would be careful on how I would proceed if I were you.

This is called a third party claim.

I have been through this, and don't really want to post to much info on public site, but can private message you, if you want.

Yes I would appreciate a Pm, if you could give me more detail to your expirence...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool Car accident Babebahn 15 3,467 04-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: California_Help
MyBB car accident sandman 5 4,797 02-20-2018, 12:02 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Injury treated, back to full work, now in pain? CassieF 3 7,899 10-19-2012, 08:23 PM
  Moving while being treated powderedwater 1 3,226 03-01-2012, 07:59 PM
  Ways you have been treated since getting hurt at work ? tweety00 44 27,729 12-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Is this really how I'm suppose to be treated?? maint314 102 75,312 12-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Last Post: maint314
Big Grin HELP! What if I find different job while still being treated for injury, who pays? piscesjavagirl 12 19,461 10-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Car Accident IrishEyes 3 3,478 03-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Last Post: IrishEyes