Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injection
Well blow be over with a feather, 20 months, and all the sudden I get a call today from a Dr in Denver wanting to know if I can come in tomorrow for injections. SOOOOO I go in on the 4th for left lumbar sympathetic blocks......Dr said he doubts it will work, but we will try them anyway.

Anyone had this, and if so, can you help perpare me for it. Remember I will be flying up there and the ic will want me to sit in airport for hours then goes home that night.

any input?

Sithie
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

Is anyone going with you?

After my past injections I was always told to go home and rest.

Sithie, I had a lower back nerve block. Not sure exactly where etc...sorry it's been at least a year now. I don't remember being awake for that one. Think they knocked me out for just a few minutes to get it done. I believe it was done flouroscopy though.

I think you should call the docs office and let them know that the IC is expecting you to fly back the same day. They may tell the IC they want you to have a room for the night rather than traveling. I had a three hour drive back home. I remember being a little uncomfortable but not to bad. Again though I don't know if it was the same thing you are having. Some kind of a nerve block...

Mine didn't work...
Please click the link below to help provide food for homeless animals. It's free and only takes a second of your time! Thanks Smile
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/dominic1964/smokieonbed.jpg[/IMG]

Sithie, even if it doesn't work, you will be very numb for "several" hours. Sometimes the lower blocks even affect your bladder control termporily. I'm with Monster, you should stay put until the next day, since you have to travel so far.

I haven't had any blocks. I lucked out and picked a doc (unknowingly) that doesn't beleve in blocks, medications, or pain managment. The only thing he believes will help RSD is keeping active. Ugh! I'm in process of looking for a new primary doc.

Take care!
Let Go, and Let God......

Sithie,
I did a search on this procedure and it said a patient's legs may feel numb or weak following this procedure.

When I have my epidural the surgery center will not let me leave after the procedure until they have visited with my driver.

This is the web site I use for spinal questions:

http://www.spine-health.com/dir/lumbarsy...block.html

dear my hubbie said for you to insist that the dr keep you for the night and drs can insist they did with him one time w/ out pat.surgery .please take care and remember our prayers go with you love ya sweets
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Sithie, I agree with all of the above. In the late 80's early 90's when a person had a lumbar punctune done they were hospitalized for at least 24 hours. We kept their heads elevated to prevent a head ache and leakage. That is all I can remember about them, but I do not believe you should be trying to get around a airport by yourself, especially in Denver, it is rather large, and then on a plane. Another thought for you however, is to arrange for wheelchair service through the air port. They will process your lugguage, transport you to your plane and take you all the way in to your seat. Then when you have landed they are there ready to pick you up and get you to your ride home. If you can't stay all night, I would ask for wheelchair service. You are going to need some help. Good luck to you...love Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

Hubby is going with, I made the referring dr write a script for someone to be with me. I am also concerned about the bladder control issue, and the being at the airport for hours. It would be reaaly kind if they would just put us in a hotel that night and then fly us back next day.
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

Sithie Wrote:Hubby is going with, I made the referring dr write a script for someone to be with me. I am also concerned about the bladder control issue, and the being at the airport for hours. It would be reaaly kind if they would just put us in a hotel that night and then fly us back next day.

Sithie,

I had one a few years ago. It wasn't that bad they numbed the area and did whatever it is they do back there. I did have to have someone drive me home you should not try to do a lot of walking or moving around afterwards. I must say it did help for awhile I was pain free for maybe 2 or 3 months, but all in all it wasn't that b ad ,but please please try to get them to get you a room for at least one night.

RH

I also agree with the rest. I had my tranformal blocks in my back of my neck and i had to have someone drive me home. I also took valium before the procedure to relax me. Seeing that it is in your neck you really should not go bouncing around, walking through an airport after that procedure. I think you should do like everyone said and try to stay a night over. If the ic co. does not pay for it, maybe hubby and you can just for your health and safety. Wait till the next day at least to travel home. It will be hard on the plane to get up and go to the bathroom etc half drugged or drowsy, or just plain ole in pain or headache.

May i ask why you are traveling there for the procedure? I went to my pain clinic doctor about a hour away for mine. Anesthesiologist ( however you spell it ) do that type of procedure. There must of been one nearby. I do wish you luck and i am glad you are going to get relief.

[/align]
carpal tunnel recurrence/ neuropathy / RSD.
1/29/07 injury date. Permanent. PIR settlement 8/4/08 10%

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sweating after injection. vickinat 16 49,673 06-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  How long does it take to get approval from IC for a injection ca/wa what next 1 3,918 12-07-2011, 01:15 AM
Last Post: 1171
  can steroid injection make you worse.. sand3rd 7 35,092 06-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  hardware injection inpainokla 10 16,851 05-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Last Post: bear31255
  injection site injury jblarson53 13 17,981 02-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Last Post: jblarson53
  steroid injection davidgary 4 6,091 01-29-2010, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  hardware injection inpainokla 8 8,983 01-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Last Post: inpainokla
  Lumbar Epidural Injection and Nervous st. clare 6 12,463 12-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Pin point injections versus epidural injection tony47 16 19,642 10-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees