Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
changing treating doctors in georgia!!
I had been working at getting my treating doctor to approve a myelogram for the past 7 months'so my attorney asked for a change of physicians because he felt as though the doctor was treating me too conservative.I was waiting to be accepted by another physician on my employers network'the day i was accepted by a new doctor my previous doctor finially approved the myelogram and said surgery was gonna be his next option.I was involved in a car accident and ended up fracturing my c6 vertabrae and fracturing my sternum along with some injuries to my back also.He told me i had spinal stenosis and i may have pressure on my spinal cord.So my question is will the test and surgery be apporved by the insurance company even though i will be seeing another doctor????

actually the intervening accident and its injuries may be more of a factor as to what happens with workers comp.
if your are unable to accept treatment for the work injury they may wish to suspend benefits until you can.
that decision will depend on the medical evidence as to your continuing condition and its causes.
according to the handbook your change of physician has to be one of the 6 from the initial list.
http://sbwc.georgia.gov/employee-handbook
if its not, expect to have treatment disputed.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

The new doctor is from the approved list but heres the thing'he's on vacation for the next 5 weeks and i havent met with him yet.He accepted me as a new patient before starting his vacation.My previous doctor approved the myelogram before i changed treating physicians'so will his orders still be recognized by the insurance company??

if you have a new doctor, his orders, treatment plans, Rx's, etc. supercede and replace any previous doctors.
each doctor has their own methods and goals.
your whole purpose in getting a new doctor was to go in a different direction. if the new one agrees with the prior treatment plan, then the carrier will likely approve.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks for the replies!! I see the new doctor for the first time when he returns from his vacation in 5 week'so i suppose everything will be put on hold until this time.I will be out of meds way before i see my new doctor'how do i handle this situation..I guess you need to be careful of what you ask for because you may just get it!!!

or at least find out their vacation schedule first.....
an emergency room is usually available in an emergency.
your prior doctor may be willing to cover your meds in the interim.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Settlement question in Georgia Jmrbutlerbey 7 1,367 02-15-2020, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Jmrbutlerbey
  Work comp adjuster changing doctors CA kibby 12 3,846 06-13-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: richard_girling
  Georgia can't get a new job after wc Kmissie 2 2,004 06-27-2017, 01:03 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Settled my claim in georgia.... alvinf478 5 4,939 03-04-2016, 05:06 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  ppd rating in georgia!! alvinf478 1 2,693 07-18-2015, 02:00 PM
Last Post: 1171
  spinal and cervical stenosis in georgia and need some advice'doctor didnt explain it! alvinf478 1 2,877 07-16-2015, 09:39 PM
  Back Injury - Georgia Employer is forcing me to return to full duty nitto85 1 3,936 04-04-2015, 08:07 PM
  Hurting in my pockets and body in georgia!!! alvinf478 1 2,970 02-25-2015, 08:46 PM
  Changing Lawyers Scooter123 9 6,275 09-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Scooter123
  Mediation in Georgia poprocks 1 2,593 06-15-2013, 02:13 PM