Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTD Payments
Illinois

What can be done, if anything, about TTD payments that never arrive on time.
History: I've been receiving TTD during Voc. Counseling. Same amount as benefit while I went through surgeries/recovery.
There was never a problem with the payment of this benefit until a few months ago. I don't know what changed but the payment of this benefit arrives later and later with each check. Like much of America, my family relies on these payments to keep our household running. Every time it arrives late, it poses a problem trying to keep up with bills. This payments are now up to almost 2 weeks behind.
I have asked my attorney (via email) to address this but I am waiting to hear from him.

Why are we, the injured, expected to jump through every hoop, be available no matter what time, be in complete compliance with every ridiculous request or we lose our benefit......but that benefit is not issued with any regularity??
I can't tell the banks they are going to have to wait until WC issues my TTD payment this week......

Is there anything that can be done to require WC to pay this with regularity or am I just supposed to sit back and take it when I can get it?

One last thing: I am not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I am wondering if this is a tactic to wear down the injured worker so they say, "screw this just settle"??

What say you?

disability turns on and off with compliance. information on compliance often times is not regular. medical TTD relies on Medical information. I assume TTD due because of VR participation requires information from a 3rd party . it may be that information is delayed or incomplete.
you did not indicate what state has jurisdiction for your comp claim. most states have provision for penalties for late payments. you need to file for them with the comp court in your state.
some carriers have direct deposit options that may save some time from mailing.
your carrier may have a local office and can arrange for you to pickup your payments.
without knowing why the checks are delayed its difficult to make suggestions that can fix it.
if you plan on filing for penalties keep the envelppe with the post mark and keep a copy of the information about the payment period.
some state may allow early payment of Permanent disability benefits.
you might could file for those so you have some funds to cover the TTD delay periods.
it all depends on your state rules which is different for each.
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...?tid=10146

after 25 posts you should put your location in your profile so you don't have to be reminded each time.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(04-24-2015, 11:19 AM)1171 Wrote: disability turns on and off with compliance. information on compliance often times is not regular. medical TTD relies on Medical information. I assume TTD due because of VR participation requires information from a 3rd party . it may be that information is delayed or incomplete.
you did not indicate what state has jurisdiction for your comp claim. most states have provision for penalties for late payments. you need to file for them with the comp court in your state.
some carriers have direct deposit options that may save some time from mailing.
your carrier may have a local office and can arrange for you to pickup your payments.
without knowing why the checks are delayed its difficult to make suggestions that can fix it.
if you plan on filing for penalties keep the envelppe with the post mark and keep a copy of the information about the payment period.
some state may allow early payment of Permanent disability benefits.
you might could file for those so you have some funds to cover the TTD delay periods.
it all depends on your state rules which is different for each.
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...?tid=10146

after 25 posts you should put your location in your profile so you don't have to be reminded each time.

@1171 - Knowing that it is a pet peeve, particularly of yours, when state is left out of a post, if you review my original post you will see that my very first line states: Illinois. I do realize every state has different laws so I am always sure to include it to aid anyone who is being helpful with a response.

To answer your question, this is VR TTD as opposed to medical TTD. I've reviewed all payments from 2012-now. Payments were issued every 14 until this year. I was doing a self-directed job search from May 2014-Feb 2015 and my payments were regular. From the time they approved VR, payments have been issued with no rhyme or reason: 19 days, 22 days, 14 days, 21 days. I have always been compliant and cooperative so if the payments are delayed because of something with the Voc.Couns., that doesn't seem right that it would affect me. If the Voc Couns. and I have a particularly contentious meeting (which we often do), he is just the type to wait extra days to turn stuff in, making things more difficult for me.

I do have my attorney looking into why the change with the date of issue of payments.

Speaking of VR, do you know if we can request a different counselor without it becoming a cost to us? The current one assigned is never on time. A few weeks ago we had an appt. at 11:00, he called me at 9:00 and said he would be there in 30 minutes because he finished his appt. early. He is inappropriate in slamming many of the clientele he deals with to me. He changes the rules as we go: I can find my own jobs to apply to; now I have to apply to the jobs he supplies even if I come up with the required weekly number on my own (he likes to give me jobs that are 30-50 miles away because in Illinois you have to look at everything within 50 miles. I apply to jobs closer to home if they are available). I'm required to apply to 20 jobs a week: 10 that I find and 10 that he finds. So I've been applying to 20 jobs/week that are closer than the 10 he provides that are 30-50 miles out.
Every week with him is more gray hair and huge anxiety because he will argue his point for 30 minutes.......even if I'm not arguing against it: he loves to hear himself and talk about his degrees and what he testifies to when he goes to court. If I never saw him again it would be quite fine with me. Any chance of getting him replaced? Are they all the same so I'd just be getting another one like him?

As always: thank you in advance for any helpful information. It is appreciated.

Here in my part of NY, comp checks won't be late until day 30....

(04-25-2015, 06:54 AM)tbear6410 Wrote: Here in my part of NY, comp checks won't be late until day 30....

tbear, that is awful! Banks, electric company's, etc. they sure don't care if our comp checks are late. That should be criminal. I'm sorry for you!