Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
workers compensation overpayment
Hello. need some advice. I was injured and had knee surgery, and returned to work 5 weeks later. When I was first off, I had a hard time receiving payment from the wc insurance company, mainly due to the fact that my Human resources failed to send a wage history so that they could come up with a payment amount for me. It took me almost three weeks to get everything straightened out. Now I have been back to work for three weeks now, and I am on a few restrictions. I received another check from the wcic that was dated for the first two weeks that I was back to work. I have contacted the claims adjuster several times and left messages explaining the situation, and stating that I did not know whether to cash the check or not, and it has been a full week and they have not returned my calls. I do not like the idea of a check laying around that could fall in the wrong hands. Any advice on what to do. should I cash it. and if it is an overpayment, am I laible to repay it? state is pennsylvania

Send it back, with a letter explaining that you are back too work, and feel the check was issued by mistake.

I was send it return receipt requested.

If you do send it back, I suggest writing void across it and make a copy for yourself. This is in case they try to say these monies were paid to you later. You can prove they were not.

I would suggest calling the claims office back a few times and try to talk to someone first, to make sure it is a mistake.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

If you returned to work making less than you were when you were injured you may be entitled to wage loss benefit, but not necessarily the whole amount. If you accept wage loss benefits resulting in an overpayment you may be required to pay the overpayment back in the future.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

I live in Virginia and work for a company in Virginia as construction Inspector, my company sent me to Washington DC for site inspection, the contractor working for the client hit me with a crane shoring, ( third party involvement). I had 5 fractures in hip and pelvis, and 3 disc damaged and left shoulder misaligned, after 7 months of leave on my request my Dr. allowed me to go back to work with 45 minutes driving restriction, normally we have to drive much longer specially when we have projects in DC, my employer told me we don't have a job for you, my doctor also asked me to come back after a month and I may be a candidate of surgery, one for shoulder and I for back.
My insurance company stopped my weekly check and I am out of work since the beginning of this month, my attorney told me I only worked for a month so I have no benefit of FMLA and look for a job but most of the companies after finding my driving restriction turn me down, I put my car on sale to pay rent, my nurse case manager lied to me by saying going back to work itself is a theraphy and if I can not work all my hours they have to pay the difference.
My question is can they stop a check like this?
btw my attorney never returns my calls and seldom replies to my emails and if he does it's only 1 line, it appears to me that he does not even read my entire email, and often gets annoyed if I ask him any question usually he says he is on a dead line or he has a client waiting.

start a new thread and tell us why the carrier stopped your payments.
it will help if we know what state your claim is under.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(04-18-2015, 04:52 PM)1171 Wrote: start a new thread and tell us why the carrier stopped your payments.
it will help if we know what state your claim is under.
In washington DC, the adjuster told my attorney she can not force my employer to keep me.
I am sorry I don't know how to start a new t

new threads are started by clicking on the upper right of the forum page where it says NEW THREAD
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum....php?fid=4
is your question about your disability benefits or about whether you can be terminated?
what does your doctor say about your ability to return to work?
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How workers compensation works viprit 1 386 03-13-2019, 10:53 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Do I have to payback Overpayment of Workman’s comp Calif. anitahenry24 1 625 02-25-2019, 03:46 PM
  Overpayment workers compensation Ari 11 19,080 02-05-2019, 05:43 PM
  Is this workers compensation fraud? Lostandconfused 7 1,273 12-09-2018, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Lostandconfused
Question Who's Who of Workers Compensation kp121 2 635 09-26-2018, 02:02 PM
  FL Overpayment Confusion Murz 3 653 09-17-2018, 09:10 PM
  Work comp overpayment Golfgod00 2 1,112 07-28-2018, 06:45 PM
  Overpayment Question Amysue89 2 1,673 04-27-2018, 02:32 PM
  Ca Adjuster will not pay Workers Compensation Benefits on Approved Claim. What to do? Billy Miller 4 1,966 02-10-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Texas Workers Compensation AQA 4 1,986 12-30-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: chrischris