Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comp/Pension
My late husband was on worker's comp until he died at the age of 57. We never talked about a pension but I am sure that he had one where he worked. Because of things that happened (harassment) after he went on comp, I am reluctant to call his prior place of employment to inquire about benefits.

Would my husband have lost his pension or IRA when he became disabled and on comp?

If not, how do I find this info?

Thanks!
Nelson from Michigan

whether your late husband was vested and eligible for pension benefits would be based on a number of factors but having a work injury would not, by itself, make him ineligible.
if he was in a union, you might find out additional information from them. if he had legal representation for his comp claim, his atty might have information.
contacting former co-workers may give you the name of the pension fund that you can contact directly.
if he was a public employee, the state of michigan has an agency that would administer their pensions.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Thanks. Sorry, I could not reply sooner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lifetime pension award plus medical treatment, overseas? Carl1976 1 1,375 09-12-2018, 10:39 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Washington state L and I pension Silverfox 0 1,434 06-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Silverfox
  pension update blake 3 2,896 10-22-2009, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  pension questions blake 34 20,756 10-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Last Post: blake
  Pension Fund Medical Exam? queenbee 2 3,177 11-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Last Post: 1171