Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TN Fired after WC claim, Quit light duty job after Surgery
Injured my shoulder in 2014, I didn't know how serious the injury was but I knew it was serious enough I wouldn't be able to return to the labor intensive job I was working when Injured.

Another company offered me a job the very next day, considerably lower pay but a desk job. I accepted, and continued with WC Claim. Company I worked for when Injured fired me shortly afterwards.

My question is this, I had surgery the first of this year on my shoulder, and have been unable to return to the other job I accepted. The paper work says I quit, when in reality I didn't quit, I wasn't released from the DR, and was unable to go back.

Will WC quit paying now? Do I need to try and get the previous employer to say the fired me instead of that I quit?

I appreciate the input.

if your original employer has work for you within your restrictions, disability is not owed regardless of you new employment.
if they make that argument, you might be able to fight it by showing they fired you and therefore cannot provide modified work.
you don't have to get them to say anything; you just have to have evidence of the firing.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

The original employer fired me a few days after I filed the work comp claim. I wasn't aware of how serious this injury was, so I accepted this other job. And although in pain, managed to tough it out.

Since this surgery, its awhole new ball game. Worse pain, less use of my arm etc. I haven't been able to return to work since the surgery, on their paperwork it says I quit, which I didn't. I was in contact with them through out the recovery, and told them I wasn't sure when I would be able to come back. They told me they were replacing me.

your disability payments should continue. if they are stopped you can appeal to the comp court.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  End of light duty tomatopaste 14 1,139 06-14-2019, 08:32 PM
Last Post: 1171
  ust now Can I quit my job and do freelance work during workers comp? caworkerscompqs 1 806 01-30-2019, 04:32 PM
Exclamation Help please Was on light duty wc doctor....new doctor out of work till .. Feelbad 6 1,152 01-25-2019, 11:45 PM
  Lawyer Quit Shadow 4 835 07-10-2018, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Shadow
  surgery soon...can I claim a past injury report from a past employer raymo55 4 1,979 09-28-2017, 03:52 PM
  claim accepted surgery denied what happens once i get mmi queenlee 4 3,766 01-20-2017, 09:29 PM
Last Post: queenlee
  Wanting to quit job for awhile...now out on leave... What to do? darkenedflame01 4 4,012 06-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Need to quit but need to keep seeing MD! claire51870 4 2,239 02-19-2016, 01:11 AM
Last Post: claire51870
  I was injured and then I quit my job Mrbigstuff 10 8,326 01-22-2016, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Mrbigstuff
  light duty but cant do duty theworldasone 4 6,989 04-08-2015, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Injured Worker