Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relationship reversed cervical lordosis and lumbar herniation
Hello all
I have reversed cervical lordosisas a result of my C4-7 being fused with instrumentation. I have now been getting herniations in my thoracic and feel my lumber may have some as well. For the first time I am getting lower back pain.
My question is is there a relationship between my cervical mess and the rest of my spine. Being hurt in 05 my injury was limited to my neck, shoulders, and upper back
It is a workers comp issue

Thanks
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

This is a question only a doctor can answer. Spinal injuries and fusions can cause problems with discs below and above the original injury.

I recommend to also ask your doctor about physical therapy and home exercises including stretching exercises, but only if he believes are a candidate for this. If you do not continue to strengthen your back post fusion, you may continue to have problems. Maintaining a good weight is supposed to also help, but exercise approved by your doctor is key.(JMHO) I would not do any type of exercise without doctors approval and guidance.

I hope your doctor can find out what is causing your pain.

Best wishes.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Thanks Cali
I was only looking for a general answer. As in is it possible the entire spine becomes more prone to reverse cervical lordosis

Thank you anyway
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

Hey tmp good to see you on the forum.

I have cervical fusion from the 2011 injury. The thoracic spine was injured per an auto accident in 2013.

I have received intense physical therapy for booth injuries. According to the pt whom I greatly trust, when either area is injured there is a domino reaction to either the cervical or thoracic spine. My t-1 area stays swollen due to booth areas involved.

Looks like we're sailing in the same boat. Injured in 05 had acdf in 07 and 09 C4-7 total. My C3-4 is herniated and now my T6-7.
I'm more concerned about the reverse lordosis of my C spine
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

There is a correlation but it is your genetic predisposition to develop degenerative spine conditions as you age. Neither injury or surgery in the neck influences the thoracic and lumbar degenerative conditions. I'M sorry to say it's your parents fault.

Thanks Cycler ( I think lol ) My doctor had told me because I use my back to turn my head and not my neck that it causes more pressure on my thoracic. Make any sense?
Take Care and Be Well
Tom

(02-23-2015, 07:24 AM)tpm Wrote: Thanks Cycler ( I think lol ) My doctor had told me because I use my back to turn my head and not my neck that it causes more pressure on my thoracic. Make any sense?

Lol, nope. The world spine literature clearly demonstrates that the primary and almost only cause of spine DJD/DDD is your genetic makeup and that absolutely includes what are deemed work related injuries. But that's another discussion

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  QME on 10/25 for plantar fascia and lumbar spine injury jarimiah 14 8,127 01-30-2020, 12:17 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Disability Rating question -lumbar spine 57% RootsGal 14 9,888 12-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  wclj denied inital claim reversed by board jerseylock 14 11,414 02-14-2017, 06:22 PM
Last Post: 1171
  C and R, then need lumbar surgery -is private insurance strict? kmecdd 2 3,067 08-12-2016, 10:48 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Lumbar strain with disk protrusion at 3 levels beesgonz 10 7,007 06-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  Aprox PPD rating for DDD Lumbar Disc Replacement Wabackinjury 3 5,036 07-18-2015, 12:02 AM
  T6-7 herniation tpm 0 1,437 03-24-2015, 10:19 AM
Last Post: tpm
  reverse cervical lordosis tpm 3 2,507 02-18-2015, 10:32 PM
Last Post: kev_b
  Office/Desk Job in PA... Cervical Herniation... Feeling Overwhelmed with what to do Sadie8 6 4,995 01-22-2015, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Sadie8
  Lumbar disk herniation w possible Section 32 settlement Cowboys88 8 11,529 12-30-2014, 04:54 PM