Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MULTIPE INJURIES
NEW TO SITE... LOOKING FOR SOME THOUGHT ON MY SITUATION.
INJURED LOWER BACK IN 2011 HAD SURGERY IN 2012 (L4/L5 LAP). WAS OUT OF WORK FOR APPROX. 4 MONTHS TOTAL. TOWARDS END OF 2013 THE PAIN STARTED TO RETURN AND BECAME WORSE AS THE DAYS WENT ON. EARLY 2014 WHILE AT WORK I SUSTAINED A HEAD INJURY. MAJOR CONCUSSION, NUMBNESS ON LEFT SIDE OF HEAD WHICH I STILL HAVE TODAY. MAJOR HEADACHES AND DIZZINESS FOR ABOUT 8 SECONDS WHEN I FIRST STAND UP. SO AT THIS POINT I HAVE TWO SEPERATE W/C CLAIMS. LATE 2014 I HAD L4/L5 FUSION FROM SAME BACK INJURY. ALL COVERED UNDER WORKMANS COMP. I AM OUT OF WORK AT THIS MOMENT. W/C APPROVED A SECOND OPINION FOR HEAD INJURY SINCE FIRST DR STATED HE HAS DONE ALL HE COULD AND SAID I SHOULD SEEK 2ND OPINION. W/C HAS APPROVED THAT. BACK GAVE OUT GOING DOWN SOME STAIRS OUTSIDE MY HOUSE. TRIED CATCHING MYSELF AND TWISTED MY KNEE IN THE PROCESS. W/C SO FAR HAS PAID FOR KNEE. I DO HAVE A LAWYER. BEEN OUT OF WORK THIS SECOND TIME SINCE MAY OF 2014. MY BACK SINCE FUSION DOESNT SEEM TO HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AND MY HEAD INJURY AFTER PT AND SHOTS HAVE DONE ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD. 2ND OPINION FOR HEAD IS FOR NEUROLOGIST. GETTING READY FOR PT FOR BACK SOON HOPING THAT WILL HELP THE SURGERY. I DO HAVE A LAWYER FOR ALL CLAIMS. GIVING MY TYPE OF JOB I FEEL THERE WILL BE NO WAY FOR ME TO RETURN TO WORK. I LOVE MY JOB BUT I KNOW MY BODY AND AT THIS POINT THERE IS NO WAY. SO MY QUESTIONS ARE, 1. WHAT PERCENTAGE DO YOU THINK I AM LOOKING AT, 2. WHAT TYPE OF SETTLEMENT DO YOU THINK AND 3. LATER DOWN THE ROAD WOULD I BE ABLE TO WORK AGAIN AT ANOTHER JOB. I SAY THIS BECAUSE MY CURRENT JOB IS IN A STATE MAX. PRISON...PLEASE HELP...THANKS IN ADVANCE

SORRY FOR TYPING ERRORS

similar questions have been asked before. you can use the search feature at the top of the page to find other responses.
rating is based on amount of function lost once you have reached maximum improvement. that requires the very specific measurements from a rating examination and can't be given from your medical history or diagnosis. it also depends on what rating system is used. each state has it's own comp laws.
buyout value of your future benefits depends on a rating and future medical needs-also not available from information provided.
if you are not rated 100% or permanent total, you're expected to find work within your restrictions. some states provide vocational rehabilitation benefits.
P.S. your caps lock also was on which makes posts more difficult to read.

if you are not rated at 100% or given permanent total disability, the partial disability payments will likely not be enough to live on.
you should consider filling for SSDI.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.