Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tax time
Does the IC sent out some sort of W2 thing for the money paid to you for WC? I know it's not taxable but just curious as we are wanting to file taxes.
Thanks

Most states require some sort of benefit recap notice be sent at the conclusion of the claim or disability period.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I think my question was misunderstood.
The claim is still open as well as the disability period.
Just wanting to know if they send out a form like a 1099, W2 or a form like SSDI for all monies paid during 2014 while on WC so I can include it when we do our taxes for last year.
It's for federal taxes.

as far as I know there is no law in most states requiring a year end summary of comp benefits paid.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

When I was still getting a weekly check for TTD all I had was the stub on the check just like a payroll check but I never got anything else

Since work comp payment are not taxable, and do not have to be included in taxes like SSDI, you do not have to turn in anything to the IRS I am aware of for these payments.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Thanks all

Md TTD is not taxable