Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMI
workers comp has subrogation rights.
if there is duplicate coverage for your condition, workers comp is entitled to be reimbursed for their costs. the malpractice carrier will have to reimburse workers comp for what they should have paid for the doctor's error; you can't get both.
workers comp prevents patients from stacking multiple coverages and recoveries for the same injury.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

You can consult with another medical malpractice attorney at any time. I agree with 1171 that the WC carrier will have some rights to subrogation.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

My attorney went to a deposition and there was a doctor that had a report that said I had this vertibrea problem from childhood. The vertibrea is right next to the on the Surgeon fused by mistake.I went to see another surgeon and he sent me for another ct scan and he says the 1st, Surgeon fused the wrong vertibrea. What can I do?

you can settle the claims.
if the amount is not acceptable to you, you can present your evidence to the judge for their decision.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.