Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settlement Question?
I broke me ankle on the job. Had to have surgery and have screws and plates put in my ankle to repair. I am in PA. Not sure how this works with workers comp. And just need to know what I am entitled to get from workers comp. I am getting a weekly check from them and my medical bills are being taken care of. However I am not able to go back to work until the DR releases me which is not until i can walk without support. Am i entitled to a settlement as well once i am done physical therapy?

pennsylvania is a wage loss state.
depends on if you have some wage loss after your recovery. if you are disabled and have some wage loss there are provisions for additional disability payments
more here:
http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/ser...715&mode=2
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

that answer does not answer my question. i am no lawyer so i need direct answers please.

i have been out on workers comp for more than 4 months and now i am getting let go from my job because i have not been released back to work.

this is no fault of my own and need to know what my options are at this point.

i am still going to therapy as we speak!

(10-31-2014, 01:06 PM)confusedinjured1020 Wrote: I broke me ankle on the job. Had to have surgery and have screws and plates put in my ankle to repair. I am in PA. Not sure how this works with workers comp. And just need to know what I am entitled to get from workers comp. I am getting a weekly check from them and my medical bills are being taken care of. However I am not able to go back to work until the DR releases me which is not until i can walk without support. Am i entitled to a settlement as well once i am done physical therapy?

You are never "entitled" to settlement in PA, but the parties are always free to work out a settlement agreement. All you are entitled to is payment of reasonable and necessary medical bills related to the acknowledged work injury and related wage loss.
Timothy D. Belt
DISCLAIMER: This post is intended as general information applicable only to the state of Pennsylvania. The answer given is based only on the facts provided. This post is not intended to create an attorney client relationship, or to provide any specific guarantee of confidentiality.

you asked about a settlement. those are not settlement questions. I need the questions you want answered in order to provide information.
if you are not correct and clear as to what you want, it's difficult to help.
your options are what they always were: is to be off work and receive disability or to find other employment within your restrictions.

from the link on benefits:
" Total Disability Benefits Status

Applies to injured workers for a period during which they are considered totally disabled and unable to work. "

since your doctor has not released you to return to work and if they did you no longer have job you will continue recieving total disabiliy until your status changes.

you can also get information here (also from the link previously provided):
Helpline voice telephone numbers:

ra-li-bwc-helpline@state.pa.us
toll free in Pennsylvania: 800-482-2383
local and outside Pennsylvania: 717-772-4447
You may also ask your employer or supervisor for information on WC or contact your employer's WC insurance carrier, your union or an attorney."

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Illinois Settlement question Ayurved14 1 126 10-16-2019, 03:24 PM
Last Post: 1171
  CA - Settlement question(s) mikeetoe 1 340 06-07-2019, 12:12 PM
  NYS Section 32 Settlement Question Chin14609 3 439 05-01-2019, 10:09 PM
  Kentucky Worker Comp Settlement Question josh1985 36 7,849 03-12-2019, 12:34 PM
  North Carolina impairment rating and settlement question Joshlw 3 3,253 03-30-2017, 02:15 PM
  settlement question daverg 4 4,346 10-03-2013, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Settlement Question Please Help!! ajenyksr 4 4,166 07-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  Settlement Question slmal924 8 8,440 07-03-2013, 02:37 PM
  Nevada settlement offer question dansmulti 0 6,123 03-09-2013, 06:43 PM
Last Post: dansmulti
Question Settlement Question? lizdawiz82 1 3,669 06-14-2012, 11:26 AM