Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rotator cuff tear...please advise :)
Illinois.

I tore my rotator cuff in two places in July. PT was so aggressive I dislocated three ribs, and surgeon said not to go back there. He gave me exercises to do at home and said that based on the PT evaluation I should be at 100% within a month. Surgeon didn't measure my mobility, just had me try to push his hands and he said I was still very weak.

I have SO much pain! For the last few weeks it seems that when I move my shoulder it 'catches' and locks for a few seconds. When that happens it pops loudly and the pain makes me yell.

I am supposed to see the surgeon and his PT for the evaluation in about 10 days. The dr. wants to give cortisone shot, but I'm afraid that will mask the injury and the evaluation won't be accurate. I really just want to be done with it all! I will NOT have surgery (husband had it and I am not going there)

I'm not trying to cash in, but on the other hand I don't want to tell WC that I am fine and have them write me off, either. I am not fine.

Anyone have experience in this situation?

Thanks!
MaggieMae

I recommend you get a second medical opinion. your options for this vary depending on whether the employer has a preferred provider network.
see the handbook for detailed information on your medical benefits
http://www.iwcc.il.gov/handbook.pdf
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

I am going though treatment for a rotor-cuff tear which is not work comp.

When i first saw the surgeon he ordered physical therapy and gave me a cortisone shot which great helped with the swelling and to reduce the pain.

I am now in physical therapy, "aggressive physical therapy"
According to the surgeon's orders. My shoulder also snags with doing physical therapy. Although the range of motion has greatly increased.

Surgery on the shoulder, no way! Like you I've had a family member who has had that nasty surgery.

Prayers all goes well for you.

I'm very experienced here, cortisone will mask and also damage soft tissue. I've had 4 rtc full tear surgery. 2 major surgery one each shoulder to go this year. Your symptoms lend me to believe it's retorn, that popping is instability in joint. I've had 300 therapy visits in 3 years.

quote='maggiemae4321' pid='158682' dateline='1414105316']
Illinois.

I tore my rotator cuff in two places in July. PT was so aggressive I dislocated three ribs, and surgeon said not to go back there. He gave me exercises to do at home and said that based on the PT evaluation I should be at 100% within a month. Surgeon didn't measure my mobility, just had me try to push his hands and he said I was still very weak.

I have SO much pain! For the last few weeks it seems that when I move my shoulder it 'catches' and locks for a few seconds. When that happens it pops loudly and the pain makes me yell.

I am supposed to see the surgeon and his PT for the evaluation in about 10 days. The dr. wants to give cortisone shot, but I'm afraid that will mask the injury and the evaluation won't be accurate. I really just want to be done with it all! I will NOT have surgery (husband had it and I am not going there)

I'm not trying to cash in, but on the other hand I don't want to tell WC that I am fine and have them write me off, either. I am not fine.

Anyone have experience in this situation?

Thanks!
MaggieMae
[/quote]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Possible shoulder tear? Or Feelbad 4 1,062 01-27-2019, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Feelbad
Cool Meniscus Tear Rt Leg LimpRtKnee 4 1,323 09-06-2018, 08:56 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Distal bicep tear in Arkansas Train6336 3 2,271 01-22-2018, 11:34 PM
  Labral Tear Tennessee elifinoasaurus 1 1,897 02-05-2017, 01:39 PM
  SLAP Tear Tennessee dookiestinks18 6 3,262 12-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  advise on claim oked 2tired2care 3 3,113 07-25-2015, 12:49 AM
  cervical radiculopathy neck & rotator cuff tendanitis alice13 2 4,459 01-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Please advise Ar1999 6 5,679 01-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Ar1999
  Rotator cuff , employer nightmare , lombar 5 7,661 10-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Manley2
  help or advise utah workers comp jjortiz214 5 5,270 11-01-2012, 10:34 PM
Last Post: jayne