Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oa knee
Has anybody out there have this? Doc says moderate to savered case inside tibia and knee cap, but says I am too young to have tkr, I'm 39. I don't have a rating yet, but want to settle we has made offer of close to 70,000 is this a close number? Any feed back will be great, thanks california

What type of life do you have at your age not having the knee replacement.

I was in my 50's and told I was to young to have a knee replacement.
I could walk 9-12 steps before the knee gave out and I would fall.

Going shopping I needed to get the closest parking spot next to the door and be able to find a scooter near the door.

Many times I would go to the store, get in the door only to find no scooter was available. I would need to find a place to sit and rest the leg, wait until a scooter was available.

If I could not find parking next to the door or a scooter available then I would need to go back home. It was fun going to the doctor's office as he was on the 2nd floor. I would have to find a volunteer help me get to the office.

My TTKR only happened after three years in court.

The age thing is bull, if you need it, you need it!

(10-08-2014, 02:45 PM)Bummer Knees Wrote: What type of life do you have at your age not having the knee replacement.

I was in my 50's and told I was to young to have a knee replacement.
I could walk 9-12 steps before the knee gave out and I would fall.

Going shopping I needed to get the closest parking spot next to the door and be able to find a scooter near the door.

Many times I would go to the store, get in the door only to find no scooter was available. I would need to find a place to sit and rest the leg, wait until a scooter was available.

If I could not find parking next to the door or a scooter available then I would need to go back home. It was fun going to the doctor's office as he was on the 2nd floor. I would have to find a volunteer help me get to the office.

My TTKR only happened after three years in court.

The age thing is bull, if you need it, you need it!

I get pain a lot, but I am able to do a lot too. I did utility, and construction work, was told that I would not be able to go back to that type of work

(10-08-2014, 02:26 PM)Toyster16 Wrote: Has anybody out there have this? Doc says moderate to savered case inside tibia and knee cap, but says I am too young to have tkr, I'm 39. I don't have a rating yet, but want to settle we has made offer of close to 70,000 is this a close number? Any feed back will be great, thanks california

you can't settle without a doctor's impairment rating; there is no way for the comp court to judge and approve whether a settlement is adequate for the injury.
It is illegal to settle a comp claim without the comp court's approval.

how much is your future TTD worth?
how much in future medical treatment will you need?
how much is your permanent disability benefit worth?
( if it's $50-60K then your $70K figure is too low for the value of the rest of your benefits.)

it's difficult for those not familiar with these and other details of your claim to formulate a reasonable settlement estimate.

here's the information the court needs in order to approve a compromise and release agreement:
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dwc/EAMS/SampleFil...elease.pdf

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Knee Replacement/Knee Injuries HarryO 39 33,446 08-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees