Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its really time to settle Without medical if Needed
[/align]Maryland Speculation of my case;

$165,000.00 settlement request, After attorney fees is my best guess for Non surgical L1 L4 L5 S1 back injury, ( surgery has been suggested by 3 prestigious surgeons). I am told the percentage of 70% recovery is not in my favor.

I have a degree and 55 years of age my salary 5 years ago time of injury was $60,000. I cant return to my former employer. My TTD has stopped 11 months ago.

Are my settlement numbers in the ball park?
My attorney will not speculate, The insurance company wants me gone.
Will I my settlement be complete by years end?

not sure what you mean by "without medical if needed"?
if future medical is needed, why would you not include it's value in your settlement?
--that maybe worth more then your disability.
the value of your permanent disability benefits cannot be determined without a rating.
the value of your future medical benefits cannot be determined without more information from the doctors on your treatment needs(what kind of surgery, other alternative treatments, what kind and length of maintenance care, etc.)
without such information it is doubtful you will be able to agree on a buyout amount with the carrier as you have no idea what your future unpaid benefits are worth in today's $$.
the carrier doesn't have to settle-they can just pay the benefits as they come due.
if you wish to buy out your medical, you may have to have a medicare set aside agreement pre-approved.
what's the status of your vocational rehabilitation?
more here
http://www.wcc.state.md.us/Voc_Rehab/FAQ_VocRehab.html
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Think it's time to close Medical (NY) tbear6410 8 2,149 10-16-2018, 05:26 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Trying to settle before moving out of state w/o lifetime medical norcalgirl7 3 3,150 07-29-2017, 01:03 AM
Last Post: 1171
  how do i settle on medical bagpussinamerica 8 9,586 01-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Last Post: bagpussinamerica
  CA - Time Limits on Medical Mileage Reimbursement MrsMitch 6 15,595 08-28-2009, 02:36 PM
Last Post: kate
  wc said they would pay my medical but not time missed from work. buildergirl1973 4 4,556 06-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Last Post: buildergirl1973