Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dealing with WC Adjuster and Lawyer/ GA
I am just looking to see if anyone has a similar case to mine.

I live and work in the state of GA but the company I was working for is based out of CA; I was an extra on a movie set in Atlanta. So during the filming I was running fell and fractured my left shoulder in 2 places.
I had issues with the adjuster from the start!
On the 3rd day from the accident (May 2014) I hired a local W.C Attorney. He has helped out a lot. The Adjuster didn't want to pay a weekly check even though my Dr. said I was unable to work. Finally after 30 days I received one. The adjuster only used what I made for the one day of work as an extra. They said that because extras are not hired on more than 1 day they can not figure a weekly check based on the jobs I had to cancel out of. (another nightmare since I only get $80 a week).

In June my 1st Dr. (the one the insurance company picked) approved for me to go back to work without restrictions. He knew that I couldn't open up a door or hold more than 2 pounds in my hand. Much less try to raise my arm more than 3 inches up. Another nightmare.

In August my Lawyer finally was able to get me a 2nd opinion Dr. who was wonderful, he actually measured out how far my arm would move (not a whole lot). He recommended aggressive P.T and after 8 weeks if it didn't work then manipulation would be needed. Finally after one week the adjuster approved for Physical Therapy this was in August and my injuray was in May 2014.
I arrived to P.T and the therapist wasn't able to do a whole lot. She tried to stretch my arm and I would be in so much pain, tears included that she had to stop. She tried doing dry needling which is taking a needle to the muscle to get it to loosen up. This hurt to say the least........ Well the wonderful adjuster/insurance only approved 6 visits which was 2 weeks. The therapist tried calling them to state I needed more with no luck on them returning phone calls.
My lawyer tried to call and they would never answer phone calls. So here it is now Sept, and I have not received more P.T than the original 6 days in August. My lawyer set up a hearing in October to try to make them do something. He asked me if I wanted to settle and I said no, I want my arm to be normal again. I can only raise it about 3 inches up. I can't do my hair, putting clothes on that are long sleeve is a nightmare or undoable. I am very fed up with the adjuster. I want to go ahead and have the manipulation done, to get it over with. Hopefully I can sleep better. Then just P.T. approved to get things moving again.

Does anyone have an opinion or suggestion?

can be a difficult decision to either stay with poor coverage or settle.
more on workers comp in georgia here
http://sbwc.georgia.gov/
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Just read about a WC case where a nurse worked as a contact employee for a hospital. She fell and injured herself and was left partially paralyzed. She fought for seven years with WC and finally won in December. As a result, it has prompted other injured temp staff to also start to fight for their rights with WC.
Perhaps your lawyer can utilize this case somehow as an example?
The paper was the Post and Courier in SC. It was online.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjuster requested IME Innovation79 12 1,647 02-06-2019, 11:41 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Adjuster doesn't communicate with me. Tiberius 2 2,041 11-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Dealing with denial of medication in ca Animatedbreak84 27 13,601 11-08-2016, 11:56 AM
  my adjuster changed my mpn ka107 2 1,793 07-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Need help in adjuster hell! lilrose 3 3,181 03-29-2016, 12:39 AM
  workers comp adjuster marcoleman 12 16,046 11-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Last Post: marcoleman
  dealing with a lawyer after settlement wardmacdonald 6 5,126 09-22-2012, 10:40 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Adjuster says claim is closed AxedmyAtty 4 5,900 03-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Last Post: AxedmyAtty
  Is it ok to call claims adjuster itzadrianyo 12 20,323 02-21-2012, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Football71
  Adjuster claims to NOT KNOW I have an Attorney. inquiringMIND 5 6,723 12-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Last Post: inquiringMIND