Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorm move in day....
Well, our youngest is officially moved into his dorm for college.
My job was to sit in a chair on the sidewalk and babysit his things while he and the RA's carried the huge load of things inside and up four flights of stairs.
It was kinda of amusing.
There I was, with a walker and a leg brace on, sitting sideways in a chair because of pain in my leg and back.
People stopped and asked if I was ok.
I should have taken a pot or a hat and put it on the ground as I could have made some serious cash!

Congratulations on your child starting college. My sweet daughter stars next week. I am very proud and excited for her.

I understand what it is like to get attention from having a brace on. I try to wear mine under clothes, but then I am told things from doctors like I do not "look injured". What does that mean? A few years ago at an airport I kept getting comments like "poor thing". I understand why you do not like the comments, but people are trying to be kind. I do my best to hide my condition, but understand that is not possible for those who have walkers etc. The best thing is to ignore it and try to concentrate on other things like your son is starting college. Again, SO HAPPY for you!
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I agree people are trying to be kind and so many are.
I was actually trying a bit of humor in my post because crying does little expect upset me.

I think I could of pulled in enough for a years tuition!

Congrats on your daughter starting college as well. It's bittersweet but we are also very proud. Smile

Ever see the movie: Failure to Launch?

Husband asked if he could have a naked room now.....I gave him the LOOK.

(08-16-2014, 02:09 PM)Scooter123 Wrote: I agree people are trying to be kind and so many are.
I was actually trying a bit of humor in my post because crying does little expect upset me.

I think I could of pulled in enough for a years tuition!

Congrats on your daughter starting college as well. It's bittersweet but we are also very proud. Smile

Ever see the movie: Failure to Launch?

Husband asked if he could have a naked room now.....I gave him the LOOK.

I tried that. She bought me extra long johns, 3 layers of sweat pants, 4 sweat shirts, a hoodie, and some gloves. Told me go ahead, s'long as you wear these.......

Congrats on the youngin' entering college!!!

Thanks Dusty.
I see you will be well dressed in your naked room!

Three years ago my husband and I drove out daughter to her campus apartment and moved her in.

I remember the emotions of that day, I cried for days afterwards and every time she came home I cried every time she left to return to college.

She graduated last December, married June of this year.

Congrats and make sure you have a good phone plan.

It's a hard balance between wanting to call/text and knowing they need to grow as independent adults. I want to text nightly but I refrain.
I know he will make mistakes but hopefully he will learn from his mistakes.
Yes, I have cried a lot over the past few days....but it think it's from all the things that are compiled on my plate right now....him just going away to college just added another.
But....I will put on the happy face for him as I want nothing to impede his happiness and growth in his new world.

It can be hard for sure. When my daughter went to college she still was able to stay at home with her mom. When my son went he was only about an hour and 15 min drive away. The really hard part was when he went into the Marines and was shipped over seas. And it was not just the fact he was so far away but what could happen while he was so far away

you all applied here I hope http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum....php?aid=7
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Jayne,
Yes but unfortunatly the deadline was May 2014. The next deadline is December with the opening being a few weeks before that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on move Manley2 1 2,451 05-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Move? Manley2 21 9,258 03-25-2015, 02:55 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Pain mgmt appt move up a month ammowoman 4 2,833 04-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Last Post: ammowoman
  Time to Move On!! Still in Limbo 19 12,334 05-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Last Post: red1030
  he likes to move it jayne 0 1,972 01-21-2011, 11:07 AM
  Move is completed Sithie 1 2,430 10-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
Sad I have to move monster 15 6,578 12-24-2009, 02:12 PM
  Think I'll Move South Bummer Knees 23 9,323 12-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Tuffy
  move and dialysis RNvic 8 4,206 10-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Lilly
  Done wit Death and Deing, Lets move on Bad Boy Bad Boy 26 11,598 04-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Last Post: punk