Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politics.....
I know it's not proper etiquette to discuss politics but being a new US citizen, I plan on exercising my voting right in the next election.

Question: When Obama is gone and a republican gets in, can they get rid of Obamacare??? I am wondering what that will do to all the people insured under that act? Will they perhaps get the states to comply and be part of the medicaid expansion so more people will have healthcare?

Curious.......

Politics is politics, and seems to be a touchy subject as we all have the right to our beliefs.. I believe they should have to keep covering as im sure some that really needed this are needing it for treatment that as before had no way to get it.. As for some being forced to take it costed them much more money and get less out of it.... Who knows.... Maybe he will rewrite the constitution so he can run for another term...

i think once everyone has had a taste of health coverage even the strongest republicans won't be able to force people back into being without.
republicans could have undone social security and unemployment and a whole lot of democrat programs a long time ago but most voters could not do without them especially when times are hard like now.
except jayne of course.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(08-14-2014, 12:18 AM)1171 Wrote: i think once everyone has had a taste of health coverage even the strongest republicans won't be able to force people back into being without.
republicans could have undone social security and unemployment and a whole lot of democrat programs a long time ago but most voters could not do without them especially when times are hard like now.
except jayne of course.

OOoooooooouuch.

(08-13-2014, 09:47 PM)Scooter123 Wrote: I know it's not proper etiquette to discuss politics but being a new US citizen, I plan on exercising my voting right in the next election.

Question: When Obama is gone and a republican gets in, can they get rid of Obamacare??? I am wondering what that will do to all the people insured under that act? Will they perhaps get the states to comply and be part of the medicaid expansion so more people will have healthcare?

Curious.......

Congratulations on your citizenship!

What some politicians attempted to do was vote out portions of The Affordable Care Act, including the pre-existing condition clause, and the clause that gave children health insurance coverage under their parents policy until age 26. This was passed in the Senate, but did not pass in the Congress. For that change to happen, both houses would have to pass legislation and the president would need to sign it.

For those states who did no accept the Medicare expansion. If this upset you, I would take those feelings to the voting booth.

I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

1171 does it hurt to have your lips so tight around the democrats apple stem? Just wondering why you felt the need to attack someone who hasnt said anything to you in a very long time....
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I did not mean to start anything here......just was curious about if Obamacare would go away if he went away.

Thanks California Help.....it's actually been a short road to citizenship since I applied. Have been here quite a while now though.

I look forward to casting a vote starting with the governor election this fall.

not a problem Scooter123 welcome to the greatest country in the world
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Glad to be a citizen........I think

good to see you're still around Jayne--glad to see the fire hasn't gone out.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Politics don't work well on forums bodybuilder1958 1 1,779 03-10-2011, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Politics and Healthcare Sub Forum Closed admin 3 3,879 05-22-2010, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Yes, Yes, it's politics. Hurt Hoosier 9 5,388 09-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Last Post: MJC