Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
MO questions
As indicated by the thread title, we're in Missouri.
I'm trying to find answers for our situation while waiting on an attorney to call us back. I've attempted to search online for the answers or relevant experiences of others, which is how I came to be here.
Six months ago, my husband sustained a shoulder injury at work. He has been out since then, with a lot of waiting for doctor's office to schedule appointments (generally a month in between appts.). At exactly the six month mark, company decided to send out a nurse manager who has managed to get a "light duty" position for the next four weeks to see if injury magically improves. There is an appt. scheduled next month with a specialist if no improvement.
In the meantime, we had been concerned about the amount of money we were receiving from the WC company. It seemed unusually high and TWICE he asked if it was the right amount, stating it seemed high. He was told the numbers were correct...until a few days before he was supposed to return to work, when he was informed that indeed it was too much. They paid double what their numbers *now* tell them, so we owe several thousand dollars. According to the benefits person, he will no longer receive any kind of WC funds until this is paid back.
Anyone have any experience with this? It makes complete sense that we would need to pay back an overage, but I'm at a loss as to how we are supposed to survive if he's only working part-time and after four weeks, if he's not healed and has to have surgery...meaning more time off work...we'll have no money coming in at all.
Thanks in advance!
generallly overpayments to temporary disability are credited against future permanent disability or there is a mutally agreed payment plan.
contact the division of workers comp for help in negotiating a more reasonable response
if your husband has a good relationship with his employer they can also contact the carrier to obtain a more reasonable plan.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.

Forum Jump:

Browsing: 1 Guest(s)