Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depression
better chance getting one from WC than medicare
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Lawyer said get the doctor to write the order and he would see what they say but with everything else going on medically I have not remembered to ask when I'm in the office.

Wondering if medicare thinks that WC is going to pay everything back they think it should then maybe medicare would buy one without as much hassle

After doing a lot of reading last night, it looks like it's a case by case if WC will pay for a scooter.
Most info I read stated that just because you can't walk does not indicate they are willing nor will pay for a scooter and some people had to go back to a hearing for a judge to decide.

So I guess I will need someone that can log roll me across the parking lot.

I had one for a while, they took it back when they said I was all better tho.

It was a rental. I think they paid more in rent for it than it would have cost to buy it outright

(08-15-2014, 08:23 PM)dusty boy Wrote: I had one for a while, they took it back when they said I was all better tho.

It was a rental. I think they paid more in rent for it than it would have cost to buy it outright

I don't think they are very smart when it comes to renting and buying one out right for the right candidate. When I came home from hospital I needed a wheelchair ramp and had to go from drive way to the back side where the patio door was. The front door wasn't an option because there wasn't enough room to turn the wheel chair without falling down stairs. 40ft of ramp and 12 feet to reach back deck... There was never a moment that they were denying me but they faught with them selves over renting a portable or getting one built. The rental for 6 to 8 months was almost 6,500 and the lowest bid was 2,500.. Can you actually believe they wanted to rent instead, at this time my employer sided with me and pushed them to buy... The whole deal was I was going to have a ramp even after I wouldn't need it, and they didn't like that.. Now the wheel chair they rented and I had it for 6 months , I was just getting used to the walker when they took it. I tried to get them to take my commode ....lol.

Well I decided with not know what was coming up with my tests and the fact my wife had never been to the state fair I would take her. Told her I would just find a nice place to sit and watch the crowd but found out they had scooters there to rent. It wasn't cheap but we got a scooter for two and two could sit in the seat and one kid could ride on the rack on the back. We made a good day out of it. My wife was surprised at all the free stuff for the kids to do and the weather was nice. Got up to 75 and we had just a drop or two of rain but never enough to even get wet.
Made the wife an myself pretty tired and worn out. Even having the scooter to ride on still made it a hard day. When I got home and sat down in my chair all my leg could do was kind of shake. Put my pain patches on before I left the house so that helped.
Sure was nice to have a scooter and I know I would get out a do several things I use to do. But I also know it can be bad to depend on one too much and not get out a walk some

(08-15-2014, 10:49 PM)bronco54501 Wrote:
(08-15-2014, 08:23 PM)dusty boy Wrote: I had one for a while, they took it back when they said I was all better tho.

I don't think they are very smart when it comes to renting and buying one out right for the right candidate. When I came home from hospital I needed a wheelchair ramp and had to go from drive way to the back side where the patio door was. The front door wasn't an option because there wasn't enough room to turn the wheel chair without falling down stairs. 40ft of ramp and 12 feet to reach back deck... There was never a moment that they were denying me but they faught with them selves over renting a portable or getting one built. The rental for 6 to 8 months was almost 6,500 and the lowest bid was 2,500.. Can you actually believe they wanted to rent instead, at this time my employer sided with me and pushed them to buy... The whole deal was I was going to have a ramp even after I wouldn't need it, and they didn't like that.. Now the wheel chair they rented and I had it for 6 months , I was just getting used to the walker when they took it. I tried to get them to take my commode ....lol.

Seems they would rather pay triple the rent on something than actually GIVE an injured worker something that would make their life easier. This would then take away their power to take it back.
Watch the wood they made the ramp out of.....they might come and get that as well.

(08-16-2014, 04:27 PM)Manley2 Wrote: Well I decided with not know what was coming up with my tests and the fact my wife had never been to the state fair I would take her. Told her I would just find a nice place to sit and watch the crowd but found out they had scooters there to rent. It wasn't cheap but we got a scooter for two and two could sit in the seat and one kid could ride on the rack on the back. We made a good day out of it. My wife was surprised at all the free stuff for the kids to do and the weather was nice. Got up to 75 and we had just a drop or two of rain but never enough to even get wet.
Made the wife an myself pretty tired and worn out. Even having the scooter to ride on still made it a hard day. When I got home and sat down in my chair all my leg could do was kind of shake. Put my pain patches on before I left the house so that helped.
Sure was nice to have a scooter and I know I would get out a do several things I use to do. But I also know it can be bad to depend on one too much and not get out a walk some

Glad you were able to get out Manley and see the fair!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yoga breathing for anxiety and depression video California_Help 0 2,605 09-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Yoga breathing for anxiety and depression video California_Help 0 2,227 09-29-2016, 12:45 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Playing with Depression jayne 17 8,703 08-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Last Post: jayne
  Just posting.........(good read for those suffering depression :-) )........ chrischris 16 9,539 07-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Been In a Deep Depression UndercovrAngel 28 13,918 07-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  Depression Sithie 21 7,891 08-15-2007, 06:28 AM
Last Post: capricorn