Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTD cut
Well I'm on SSDI because they understand there are no jobs within my restrictions that I could earn a reasonable living. As my lawyer say WC has the right to try a voc rehab program. This program went on for 18 months with not one interview for a job. The reason they stopped my checks was because they said I was not applying for enough jobs. Well as my lawyer told me I didn't need to apply to any job that listed requirements that were above my restriction. So all this time I have only applied for 1-4 jobs a week and some of those were the same jobs several times over the 18 months. Some employers went so far as to say once you have applied please don't apply for 6 months. One I looked at the other day said we still have your resume from a year ago so we don't need it again. One of the local temp agencies said to stop applying for any job they list because they could not work with anybody on WC. And another said they have worked with people like me and have never had any luck placing those people. The gal they hired to do my rehab I believe lied a lot to keep her income from my case. I would say something like I called these people today about something and she would say we can put that down on last weeks sheet. And over the last couple of months she would apply to jobs for me. When I called her out in an email about one job she applied to and told her if she read the requirements there was no way I could do that she agreed and said well she was wrong but most others she felt I could do. Tell me where a guy with no office experience gets a job working in a office. Most want you to be able to work Microsoft Office and type so many words a min. Neither of which I can do and they had me working with some online programs that help you with your typing but they just don't understand I can't spell very well to get that good at typing.

After I go injured they stuck me their rehab department at work which was a place they sent you to be out of the way and were nobody would see us. We sat all day and tried to keep each other awake. Even a job were all I needed to do was show up and sit I only worked maybe 3 or 4 40 hour weeks in the year and a half I was out there. I would have to go home because I would hurt from sitting. And out there we could do what we wanted as far as we could sit or stand as we wanted or move around. Or I'd come in late because I would had to give my meds a little more time to work before I could drive to work.
Well not sure if that answers your question or not but what they want is for me to find any job so they don't have to pay me for being disabled. First rehab gal I had agreed she didn't see me getting a job without retraining but she said they flat refuse to pay anything for retraining

(08-03-2014, 10:22 AM)Manley2 Wrote: Well I'm on SSDI because they understand there are no jobs within my restrictions that I could earn a reasonable living. As my lawyer say WC has the right to try a voc rehab program. This program went on for 18 months with not one interview for a job. The reason they stopped my checks was because they said I was not applying for enough jobs. Well as my lawyer told me I didn't need to apply to any job that listed requirements that were above my restriction. So all this time I have only applied for 1-4 jobs a week and some of those were the same jobs several times over the 18 months. Some employers went so far as to say once you have applied please don't apply for 6 months. One I looked at the other day said we still have your resume from a year ago so we don't need it again. One of the local temp agencies said to stop applying for any job they list because they could not work with anybody on WC. And another said they have worked with people like me and have never had any luck placing those people. The gal they hired to do my rehab I believe lied a lot to keep her income from my case. I would say something like I called these people today about something and she would say we can put that down on last weeks sheet. And over the last couple of months she would apply to jobs for me. When I called her out in an email about one job she applied to and told her if she read the requirements there was no way I could do that she agreed and said well she was wrong but most others she felt I could do. Tell me where a guy with no office experience gets a job working in a office. Most want you to be able to work Microsoft Office and type so many words a min. Neither of which I can do and they had me working with some online programs that help you with your typing but they just don't understand I can't spell very well to get that good at typing.

After I go injured they stuck me their rehab department at work which was a place they sent you to be out of the way and were nobody would see us. We sat all day and tried to keep each other awake. Even a job were all I needed to do was show up and sit I only worked maybe 3 or 4 40 hour weeks in the year and a half I was out there. I would have to go home because I would hurt from sitting. And out there we could do what we wanted as far as we could sit or stand as we wanted or move around. Or I'd come in late because I would had to give my meds a little more time to work before I could drive to work.
Well not sure if that answers your question or not but what they want is for me to find any job so they don't have to pay me for being disabled. First rehab gal I had agreed she didn't see me getting a job without retraining but she said they flat refuse to pay anything for retraining

so will you ttd get reinstated and how does that work with SSDI. I would think while you are cut from TTD your ssdi would go up and if they reinstate then it would prob go back down due to offset and 80% rule.

Well we will have a hearing and they say they want to settle but they want open medical. Right now they still have not paid for my meds since Feb 2013 which that bill must be between $8000-$9000. They have not been paying for any of my medical since 2010, they have been making medicare pay them and say they will settle that when we settle. Trouble there is my lawyer has been trying to get medicare to send him the bills WC should be paying them back for but has had zero luck getting anything from medicare.
But to answer your question if we don't settle then yes they should have to pay me TTD pr PTD and yes my SSDI will go up because they will stop the offset because of WC and if they start my TTD then I would assume SSDI would take the offset back out. Not sure if they back pay me if SSDI will want the offset back but the other help we are getting like public aid will not hurt because that is based on what I'm getting now and doesn't effect it if they do have to back pay me.