Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip to Dallas with my friend the injured nurse.
This will be an interesting trip.

My friend Michele, the injured nurse was injured in 2008 while working as a floor nurse. Large herniation or L4 5. She had an ESI injection what went bad and ended up with Arachnoiditis.

She settled in 2009 with open medical. The insurance company has been sending her to a rehab facility in Dallas, TX. The doctor is the one who writes the scripts for pan meds. The catch is my friend my do so many hours at his facility work with physical therapist doing exercises and working on machines that are beyond her restrictions.

Tuesday my friend has an appointment in Dallas as the rehab facility and I will be making the trip with my friend and will be sharing the driving this trip.

Michele always feels pretty rough after a stay in Dallas, sometimes as long as two weeks at a time as it causes the Arachnoiditis to flair up.

This will be an interesting trip as Michele's attorney has filed in court for a change of doctors. Seems the Dallas doctor says he can cure my friend's Archnoiditis and she will no longer need pain meds.

Course the insurance company's goal is to save dollars by having Michele go off of the pain meds she is on.

http://www.spineuniverse.com/conditions/...chnoiditis

Michele and I made it back safety. Her visit at the rehab center went will.

She was assigned a different doctor and PA. This doctor understands her Arachnoiditis and is increasing the strength of pain meds.

Court is in September with hopes to find a local pain doctor.

I wish your friend well.

I would never have an epidural again due to what I have read patients having bad results that had horrific consequences such as your friend. The 3 months of decrease in pain is not worth the risk (JMO).

I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Thank you CA. My friend went from being an active RN with a degree in physical therapy to being as she is today.

It was a difficult change for her.

I am sorry for that. Hopefully she can find doctor who can manage her pain.

She is not the first injured workers who I have read epidurals devastated them.I am anti epidural.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a family friend Bummer Knees 1 2,471 10-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Update about my friend Robin Bummer Knees 0 1,877 01-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Another discussion with Dr's nurse bodybuilder1958 1 2,525 04-25-2011, 07:37 PM
  Son's friend, hurt at work bodybuilder1958 4 4,562 06-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Tuffy
  Son's friend seriously hurt at work bodybuilder1958 1 3,175 06-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Last Post: backache
  Road Trip. Tuffy 9 7,390 03-31-2010, 01:04 AM
Last Post: red1030
  Road Trip Tuffy 2 3,072 03-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Last Post: capricorn
  my trip to Ga. jayne 3 2,841 03-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Last Post: sweet tooth
  Nurse Manager. bagpussinamerica 2 3,117 02-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Last Post: red1030
  Trial set in friend's overdose Bummer Knees 6 3,764 02-21-2010, 09:22 AM