Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Functional Capacity Exam
(07-28-2014, 08:23 AM)Manley2 Wrote: My last IME was in 2010 and it said I was not at MMI, and that was the last time I had anything like that. Before we started this voc rehab my lawyer asked for a FCE so we could see what I could do but they refused saying they knew I could only do sit down work. Had to have a hearing for SSDI and they decide there was no work I could really do. My lawyer said as part of my case WC had the right to try voc rehab before settlement. And they are only doing this in hopes I would get something and they could stop my TTD. Trouble is the first gal I had said she though I would need retraining to get a job but that WC refused to spend a dime on training. They didn't want to settle my case because their lawyer told mine several years ago that and if we wanted to settle we would have to force the issue. I think this is all a part of us trying to get them to settle because other wise they are just going to keep paying me a weekly check until I die

Manley take the weekly check until you die......That is how we ended up settling my claims with WC. They have to pay me until I die and I have open medical until I die....That was the only way they would go because I was going to cost them way too too much to settle with a lump sum. But they did have to give me a couple years like 4 yrs of back pay.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Well I didn't get a check this past week so I'm not sure what they are trying. Could be going to switch to PTD since it has been TTD. I posted in another post I figured something was up when my voc rehab gal canceled our meets for the next two weeks.
Don't think my lawyer likes the idea of paying me for life but I don't care. Since they are not paying the bills now I don't want open medical and the set a side is too much for them to pay that

(07-28-2014, 02:43 PM)Manley2 Wrote: Well I didn't get a check this past week so I'm not sure what they are trying. Could be going to switch to PTD since it has been TTD. I posted in another post I figured something was up when my voc rehab gal canceled our meets for the next two weeks.
Don't think my lawyer likes the idea of paying me for life but I don't care. Since they are not paying the bills now I don't want open medical and the set a side is too much for them to pay that

I would think you run the risk of constant UR\s and IME to get you out of the system? It seems those who settle for open medical run into prob later and those you close claims all together run into medical cost later on - how do you survive all this BS

Their offer so far would only equal less then 4 years payment and since they are not paying the bills now I only see fighting forever. Now the doc says I will more then likely only get worse as time goes on so having them on the hook to pay what ever comes up seems to be a better option. I know they are going to try things like IME or keep having me followed in hopes they get me doing something I shouldn't but then that kind of stuff only costs them money. Not sure what the MSA would be but I'm thinking in the long run it would be a lot cheaper for them. You can tell by the letter they sent to my lawyer they are just wanting to get out as cheap as they can and now hope they can scare me. Now we are not going to live like kings but we are going to be okay as long as our believe in the Lord is strong

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UnBiased? EXAM JohnDoe 6 4,794 10-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  occupational permanency exam angel1954 2 3,086 09-24-2015, 11:11 PM
  FCE Exam JohnDoe 6 4,912 09-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: JohnDoe
  FCE vs DR's restrictions? Are functional capacity test reliable Eaglefeather 5 6,966 07-12-2014, 09:44 AM
  qme exam billaker 8 7,731 01-24-2014, 12:18 AM
  100% Diminished Future Earning Capacity classk 6 14,500 06-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Last Post: classk
  functional capacity evaluation painiz2much 20 39,232 02-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Last Post: mobo96
  Functional Capacity TEST before THERAPY? inquiringMIND 3 4,411 02-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Last Post: 1171
  SSDI exam coming up ammowoman 11 11,758 01-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Last Post: jayne
Question EDD request for IME exam lizdawiz82 2 5,136 11-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Last Post: lizdawiz82