Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WC effect on ACA eligibility or tax credit
I spoke with about 4-5 different people. Some said yes, some said no and I asked them if they could make up their mind.
Called again and this time two people said it did count....and for me to apply for medicaid as they DONT count WC as income. I did this and was still denied as we are in a state that doesn't have the expansion coverage.

Have you tried speaking to a manager or someone above the call center people?

So I decided to just wait and see what the 2014 tax forms actually say to do. Did not find any mention of WC payments in the 1040 or 8962 forms and instructions. The premium tax credit calculation is based on household income defined as modified adjusted gross income, and as we know WC is not included in AGI.

If anyone sees this differently, please respond.

Also, I did not find any mention of the ACA in Georgia's income tax instructions either.

The IRS did grant subsidies for ACA but it was challenged in court.

you can follow the status of the lead case (King v Burwell-SET FOR ORAL ARGUMENT before the Supreme Court on Wednesday, March 4, 2015) including links to all 50+ AC briefs here
http://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cas...v-burwell/

it has a good summary of the law and the legal arguments for and against
http://www.scotusblog.com/2014/07/commen...eme-court/
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

update:
there is a recent report that the 4 people bringing the case to the court may not have standing e.g. valid evidence that they have been harmed by the law.
a ruling by the court that they lack standing would mean the issue would remain undecided until there is a legitimate complaint filed. I'm not sure either party wants the issue to linger unresolved.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad WV thoracic injury with no credit on IME mimicrna 1 1,075 02-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Can carrier ask for TTD credit in settlement- CA Jack 2 3,999 12-05-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: dolphins
  WC law on prior WC injuries and its effect on claim jp11738 3 3,375 08-27-2012, 09:38 PM
  Will this effect my statute of limitations? I hurt 3 3,840 03-15-2010, 07:41 PM
  ?Possible company buy out, ?Unemployment Eligibility gmgibson 2 2,960 04-17-2008, 10:12 AM