Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attorneys upset that I applied for SSDI
Just got a call form my attorney. Things have changed, WC is going to pay for the TKR. But they are still denying the case and any responsibility.
Still have the 8 month deal, my attorney said we should know in 4 months if there are any complications with the TKR, and can act on it then.
The court date is also being put off.

(07-15-2014, 02:18 PM)7on7off Wrote: Just got a call form my attorney. Things have changed, WC is going to pay for the TKR. But they are still denying the case and any responsibility.
Still have the 8 month deal, my attorney said we should know in 4 months if there are any complications with the TKR, and can act on it then.
The court date is also being put off.

Well, I wish you luck and will hope that you come out of this ok.
Does your lawyer have a medical degree regarding " will know in 4 months if any complications"?
I have seen TKR's that are more than a year out and they give out, need revisions, the glue is being recalled, the glue is causing an allergy, a part comes loose, the body can't tolerate the device, etc. You may be feeling absolutely fantastic after surgery (which I hope you do) but there is no time frame for complications from such an evasive surgery as a TKR. That's a foreign item being placed in your body.
Please make sure and cover YOUR health first by getting all documents signed by everyone.
IMOP: I still think they are up to something sneaky by you saying they are still denying it yet willing to pay out 75,000+ for surgery.

Good luck! Smile

very weird situation.
obviously there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we don't know so there is no predicting what will happen.
just shows you what lengths they will go to avoid a trial and a definitive resolution of the liability issue.
they want to keep that bargaining chip at all costs and hope it'll be worth more later in the game (e.g. lifetime medical issue)
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Even after all of this, there's still my neck and back problems, where the bone is up against the nerves, and my hands go numb at times when in bed.
The IME said it was job related, until he got the letter of lies. He also said that I could not go back to the same type of work.

With this TKR, I still need to find out who's covering the PT and other bills. Also, if there is a problem right after the surgery, will it take 6 months for WC to decide who will cover it.

A lot of good points have been brought up here that need to be checked into.

(07-15-2014, 01:56 PM)7on7off Wrote: One of the doctors said they won't do the surgery if WC is involved.
Going to check with a different doctor this time.

I'm guessing my attorney will make less money if it goes to court, and it will take up a lot of his time going to court.

The rest sounds about right. I have seen the deal, but still need to get a copy of it, then maybe post it here. taking out the names, if that would be OK.

I would not recommend posting anything that could identify you or your claim because anyone can read these forums.

I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

I wonder if they are trying to get my to agree on the TKR, with them denying the case and any responsibility.
Then they come back and say that I agreed to them on denying the case and any responsibility.

naw.
they have a right to deny and you agreeing to let them is meaningless. it doesn't mean you can't pursue your legal recourse to get a court decision on whether your injury is covered by workers comp.
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IMR Applications and Attorneys responsibility Shadow 18 5,524 12-24-2017, 01:10 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Attorneys seem to be pushing Settlement. Jahlil0712 11 10,061 01-26-2014, 02:13 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
Rolleyes FRUSTRATED & UPSET bigbird1 5 5,446 06-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  not ready for qme attorneys says i cant reschedual riptorn 5 7,000 03-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Attorneys tkl1126 0 2,496 03-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Last Post: tkl1126
  mpn docs or attorneys choice? curley2 22 16,210 11-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Last Post: 1171
Question Attorneys fee amh711 3 4,297 07-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  % for Attorneys Fees ? for Settlement 70% and 30% or .333 borninabarn 11 11,378 02-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo
  attorneys say inpainokla 3 3,244 12-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Bad Boy Bad Boy
  I am so upset Cookiecrum 4 3,549 11-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Cookiecrum