Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First settlement offer
Injured my foot at work, was told I have bone marrow edema in multiple bones and tendinitis. Was in a cast for 6 weeks didn't help. Returned back to work when ortho sent me back and reinjured my foot. Ultimately ended up quitting my job as I felt I could not return back to my normal duties without my injuring my foot again. I now have daily pain and cannot be on it for long periods of time. Ortho has told me there's not much more he can do on his end but prescribe me pain mess for whenever it hurts and it would be something I would just have to "deal with." Adjuster sent me a release and compromise for 7500? Is that low for pain that I have to deal with on a daily basis? OPINIONS PLEASE! I am only 23 and never dealt with this. Thank you.

Does your dr feel you will have this condition forever...? 7500 will not last long if you need checkups and pain meds.. Will this cause you not to be able to do the work you were used to doing...(I know you Quit).. There is a lot missing that we would need to know, like your state because wc laws differ from state to state...

each state has different benefits; without knowing yours we can't answer.
http://www.workerscompensation.com/forum...?tid=10146.
generally workers comp will not pay for pain --only for disability.

were you given a rating?
have you had a second opinion?

some states will keep your medical open for as long as you need it.
are you sure you want to close out your claim?

the carrier should not negotiate a settlement with someone that does not know the benefits and the rules--very unfair.

Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-22-2014, 10:30 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: Does your dr feel you will have this condition forever...? 7500 will not last long if you need checkups and pain meds.. Will this cause you not to be able to do the work you were used to doing...(I know you Quit).. There is a lot missing that we would need to know, like your state because wc laws differ from state to state...

The dr has never given me a an actual time frame of when this will go away. Just said its somethin that will have to heal on its own over time. And yes I cannot go bac to my previous job. I was a laborer and it required me to be on my feet all day. And I'm am in Ca. Do you think this is somethig talking to a lawyer about.

(06-22-2014, 02:23 PM)Dianaaa Wrote:
(06-22-2014, 10:30 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: Does your dr feel you will have this condition forever...? 7500 will not last long if you need checkups and pain meds.. Will this cause you not to be able to do the work you were used to doing...(I know you Quit).. There is a lot missing that we would need to know, like your state because wc laws differ from state to state...

The dr has never given me a an actual time frame of when this will go away. Just said its somethin that will have to heal on its own over time. And yes I cannot go bac to my previous job. I was a laborer and it required me to be on my feet all day. And I'm am in Ca. Do you think this is somethig talking to a lawyer about.

I cant answer if you need a lawyer, but what I do know that money wont last long if you use it for medical.. There are a few on here that are really swavy with ca wc rules, give them time to see this and they will be glad to answer questions.. If you were to accept this offer you will be responsible for all your needs..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I Accept The First Medical Settlement Offer? Kentucky Ranger 1 327 03-14-2020, 08:59 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Louisiana wc(settlement offer less than 4mons) Feelbad 3 770 03-10-2019, 12:07 AM
Question Accept $3,000 Settlement offer for head injury??? Andalasia 7 2,077 10-26-2018, 01:15 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Settlement offer florida Davidbum 2 2,238 03-18-2018, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Cashiered Too
  Settlement Counter offer iceg0412 1 3,732 01-29-2017, 02:54 AM
  Settlement Offer rennyboy 5 3,549 08-31-2016, 01:55 PM
  Finally got settlement offer JoeHart 3 4,003 05-18-2016, 10:12 PM
Last Post: JoeHart
Smile 1st offer / Lump sum settlement Mongrel_Money 20 23,494 05-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Mongrel_Money
  Settlement offer need advice Junius White 7 8,206 08-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Last Post: California_Help
  Alabama WC first settlement offer: suggestions please atvrep1 1 5,042 06-26-2014, 11:12 AM