Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help for the next steps!!
(06-20-2014, 04:43 PM)1171 Wrote: as always each has to evaluate the value of control vs $$.
they will discount the value significantly and the maneuvering & negotiations could take a while.
always the trade offs.

Right. Well even at a significant discount I'm sure it would be a significant amount. Surely they don't want to pay me $1000 a week for 40 more years. Plus medical.

(06-20-2014, 04:43 PM)1171 Wrote: as always each has to evaluate the value of control vs $$.
they will discount the value significantly and the maneuvering & negotiations could take a while.
always the trade offs.

Right. Well even at a significant discount I'm sure it would be a significant amount. Surely they don't want to pay me $1000 a week for 40 more years. Plus medical.

the chances are minimal that you'll be found totally disabled.
non-surgical backs usually have a pretty low rating.
your future medical will be worth more then the disability and figuring that is very subjective.
here's a sample of spinal ratings.
http://www.neurosurgical.com/insurance/a..._spine.htm
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-20-2014, 05:01 PM)1171 Wrote: the chances are minimal that you'll be found totally disabled.
non-surgical backs usually have a pretty low rating.
here's a sample of spinal ratings.
http://www.neurosurgical.com/insurance/a..._spine.htm

Wow that's great info. Thanks for the link! I'm not saying totally disabled. But given my 10lb work restrictions with no bending, sitting and standing and all, I don't see not having a high impairment rating. Why does surgery matter in the fact so much? Impaired before is the same as impaired after. Only difference is impaired after could be better or worse. It's a gamble. And more than likely not even then a permanent fix imo. I've read all the stories, I know people who have gone through it. I don't want to get caught up in a string of operations. Doing whatever it is the insurance company wants me to do. I do not want what they think is best for me.

you'll see it when it comes.
the lifting & movement restrictions don't mean squat; only the rating guidelines count. and the carrier gets to submit their own medical opinion.
the greater the impairment the higher the rating.
it easy to be pumped up about "taking control" but wait 'til you see the $$ choice.
there is no big payoff; a limited number of weeks of payments and something for med-heavily discounted.
have you tried contacting WSI for information? you've made some wrong assumptions about comp; the let down will be staggering for you.
http://www.workforcesafety.com/workers/faqs.asp

just trying to prepare you.........
Reminder :
........Each state has their own comp system; POST YOUR STATE to get accurate information. Use the search feature to find information from similar questions.
THANKS FOR POSTING.

(06-20-2014, 06:38 PM)1171 Wrote: you'll see it when it comes.
the lifting & movement restrictions don't mean squat; only the rating guidelines count. and the carrier gets to submit their own medical opinion.
the greater the impairment the higher the rating.
it easy to be pumped up about "taking control" but wait 'til you see the $$ choice.
there is no big payoff; a limited number of weeks of payments and something for med-heavily discounted.
have you tried contacting WSI for information? you've made some wrong assumptions about comp; the let down will be staggering for you.
http://www.workforcesafety.com/workers/faqs.asp

just trying to prepare you.........

I believe you just said it yourself. The greater the impairment, the higher the rating. Those restrictions that "don't mean squat", are my impairments. They will, in some form, translate to my mmi. This I know. I am in contact with WSI. On a day to day basis. Which is how I know this process particular to myself going forward. It has been a pain to deal with up to this point and I'm sure I'm not close to done. But they have already back payed my wages by the time they approved my claim. Which was over 40 weeks.

good for you.
I hope you get the rating and settlement you deserve.
I know that many don't.
Be Well.
Reminder :
THANKS FOR POSTING.

What is your injury that you have restrictions but don't take any meds for it?

I am curious on your injuries as well.. At the age of 25 if it was me I would be looking at getting the injections to atleast see for my self how effective they are. I am 100% disabled, and have had lots of injections. I opted out for the 2 level fusion the surgeon wanted to do for the simple reason they told me it wont help my back pain. But they did say it would help for leg pain. I settled out of court, but I would give it all back if I could get my life back and get back to working.. With your young age, the ins company will fight you to the bitter end to keep you from 100%. Wc settlements will never get you rich, your lucky if you get 5 to 10 years worth of wages....Good luck.

(06-21-2014, 12:33 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: I am curious on your injuries as well.. At the age of 25 if it was me I would be looking at getting the injections to atleast see for my self how effective they are. I am 100% disabled, and have had lots of injections. I opted out for the 2 level fusion the surgeon wanted to do for the simple reason they told me it wont help my back pain. But they did say it would help for leg pain. I settled out of court, but I would give it all back if I could get my life back and get back to working.. With your young age, the ins company will fight you to the bitter end to keep you from 100%. Wc settlements will never get you rich, your lucky if you get 5 to 10 years worth of wages....Good luck.

I have three bulged disc's along with the nerve damage. The disc's have been damaged for over a year and a half. I know plenty about being fought tooth and nail. I've been denied three times. I may consider surgery once offered. If I can get rid of the nerve pain then I can get back to work I go out enough to strengthen my back. Once again, if an option only helps with pain, then it is not helping your condition at all. Don't get me wrong, sometime the pain has me sweating on the floor, but those medications are addictive and harmful to your body. And I do think want injections to cover the pain enough that I feel comfortable doing this gs that will damage my back further. Like I originally wanted to know was if there was a way to guesstimate an mmi rating get. Since the team working on me has no association with the insurance company I know my rating will be fair. My doctors and therapists know my condition. And again, I don't need full disability. And if I got 5-10 years worth of my wages I'd be fine. I made a lot. That's the reason I collect 1000 a week now. I'm not sure of another state that pays that much. If I got 5-10 years worth of wages I'd be so well invested I'd never have to work for someone else who would just let me get injured and write me off and fire me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Surgery Claim Denied. Next Steps? Clchew 1 4,492 07-24-2013, 10:40 AM
Last Post: 1171
  Dishonest AME report - Steps? illumineart 7 5,781 07-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Last Post: admin
  What are the steps to becomming MMI ifyour Dr. doesn't explain things to ya? Sunshine7 23 16,797 01-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Cycler
  Steps To Settlement Netta 2 2,916 12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Netta