Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cervical neuropathy - This is driving me crazy
Since the fall earlier this week the nerve pain going across the top of the left shoulder and down the arm is driving me crazy. I am using lotion on the arm because of the tingling and rubbing it is leaves the skin raw.

I did not connect this to the nerve pain with the middle finger on the left hand until last night. and yes it was a recliner night.

I saw the neurosurgeon two weeks ago and he did not see any nerve compression on the MRI.

Anyone have any suggestion on what will give me relief from the nerve pain? And yes I have been trying to get thru this without medication.

That finger is hooked to C-6. When mine acts up, I lay flat on my back, with a soft pillow, arms by my side, head turned to the right. Rest like that for at least an hour, It helps me some

Makes sense as the fusion was C5-6. I will try what you suggest. Thanks Dusty Boy

I hope it works. Nothing worse than your hand going to sleep. I hate the tingeling

Thanks Dusty Boy.

Late this afternoon I got in the mail my copy of the neurological exam done two weeks ago

It showed abnormal reflexes related to C5-6 & C7, along with L4-5

A tens unit helps sometimes. Message by a professional has helped me with neck/shoulder pain in the past.

I hope you are feeling better soon.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Thanks Ca I have not used the tens unit yet today, saving it for tonight. I have been thinking about getting a massage, problem they are very expensive around here for a quality person. Do not know if this is something the health insurance or Medicare would cover.

(06-14-2014, 10:18 PM)California_Help Wrote: A tens unit helps sometimes. Message by a professional has helped me with neck/shoulder pain in the past.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

I do not know if Medicare covers messages.You would need to contact your private health insurance to see if it is covered as each one has a different policy.

Are there any massage schools around where you live? That can be a way to get a inexpensive message at a discount rate.

Have you tried chiropractic treatments on the neck?

Hot tub also helps sometimes.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

get in your pool and float Kathy it sometimes takes practice to float and relax but it helps me alot
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

I will when it warms up, lots of rain and the water is to cool.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Crazy weather bronco54501 7 3,663 01-30-2014, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  English is a crazy language bodybuilder1958 1 2,455 07-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Am I crazy???? bodybuilder1958 10 5,356 02-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Last Post: lucky
  crazy weather jayne 8 3,459 12-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Last Post: jayne
  texting and driving jayne 0 1,908 02-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Post: jayne
  My nephew, crazy kid! Bummer Knees 0 2,043 08-28-2010, 03:27 PM
  OMG, crazy funerals, too funny bodybuilder1958 4 7,844 05-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Last Post: red1030
  My Crazy boys backache 22 7,362 02-14-2010, 08:57 PM
  It's Crazy! Bummer Knees 21 10,242 11-11-2009, 06:24 PM
  A crazy morning, the Dr. appointment that didn't happen! Bummer Knees 0 2,498 02-11-2009, 03:15 PM