Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20yo lumbar herniated disc and losing my mind
(06-20-2014, 05:24 PM)Rojersca Wrote:
(06-20-2014, 05:03 PM)vinga Wrote: What were the findinggs of your mri - it makes a difference

The report says "broad-based left-sided disk protrusion posteriorly displacing the left traversing Si nerve root." I have had two mris the second was a little worse than the first and an IME doctor agreed with both of them.

what are you symptoms? do you have burning sensations in the feet or toes?

(06-21-2014, 03:11 PM)vinga Wrote:
(06-20-2014, 05:03 PM)vinga Wrote: What were the findinggs of your mri - it makes a difference

The report says "broad-based left-sided disk protrusion posteriorly displacing the left traversing Si nerve root." I have had two mris the second was a little worse than the first and an IME doctor agreed with both of them.

Stabbing pain in the lower back. My legs get tingly from the base of my spine down to my toes, there is a burning feeling and recently a shocking sensation. Before I had returned to work in the last two weeks I never felt any symptoms in my right leg, only my left, but now both of my legs hurt all day, they feel like deadweight when I wake up in the morning and both my right and left just burn/tingle throughout the day. I've told my doctor and he doesn't seem fazed by it whatsoever. He still has me on full duty for work back to the job of injury which I attempted to do last weekend and have had these new symptoms since. He wants to do a nerve-conduction test, but I have not heard anything of when that will be. I have no returned to work since last Saturday because I can hardly walk around my apartment let alone drive or perform work duties.

(06-21-2014, 03:19 PM)Rojersca Wrote:

Stabbing pain in the lower back. My legs get tingly from the base of my spine down to my toes, there is a burning feeling and recently a shocking sensation. Before I had returned to work in the last two weeks I never felt any symptoms in my right leg, only my left, but now both of my legs hurt all day, they feel like deadweight when I wake up in the morning and both my right and left just burn/tingle throughout the day. I've told my doctor and he doesn't seem fazed by it whatsoever. He still has me on full duty for work back to the job of injury which I attempted to do last weekend and have had these new symptoms since. He wants to do a nerve-conduction test, but I have not heard anything of when that will be. I have no returned to work since last Saturday because I can hardly walk around my apartment let alone drive or perform work duties.

you have nerve root impingement which is causing uour symptoms did they mention a laminectopmy?? they can go in and trim the herniation w\o fusion

(06-24-2014, 10:48 AM)vinga Wrote:
(06-21-2014, 03:19 PM)Rojersca Wrote:

you have nerve root impingement which is causing uour symptoms did they mention a laminectopmy?? they can go in and trim the herniation w\o fusion
My current doctor has said a microdiscectomy would be the procedure that he would do, but doesnt believe that it's needed yet. I have a nerve conduction test to see if there's nerve damage in July, but until then everyone just says my symptoms are subjective complaints and just tell me to go work, regardless of the MRIs and everytime L&I sends me to an ime they agree with the objective findings.

The nerve test will help your doctors get the beck up to your complaints. But a bag of frozen peas and hopefully placing ice on your back will provide you with some relief. It is inflammation which causes a lot of additional symptoms. It can be normal with a central disk herniation for the leg problems to go back and fourth to each leg. The symptoms you are describing can be temporary, and I had those symptoms. It can take time to recover from such an injury, year or years sometimes. I do not recommend having a fusion type surgery, ever.

I know these symptoms are scary, but many recover from this. Stay strong.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

Second the bag of frozen peas. Use them all the time and they work better then most ice packs

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So your doctor says you have a herniated or bulging disc California_Help 5 501 02-28-2020, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Jmrbutlerbey
  QME on 10/25 for plantar fascia and lumbar spine injury jarimiah 14 7,122 01-30-2020, 12:17 AM
Last Post: California_Help
  Disability Rating question -lumbar spine 57% RootsGal 14 8,763 12-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Last Post: RootsGal
  C and R, then need lumbar surgery -is private insurance strict? kmecdd 2 2,915 08-12-2016, 10:48 PM
  Settling a lifetime medical on a herniated disc claim Peanut 2 4,451 06-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Last Post: 1171
  Lumbar strain with disk protrusion at 3 levels beesgonz 10 6,541 06-05-2016, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Cycler
  epidural injections for herniated disc? nurse83 22 40,751 04-08-2016, 01:37 AM
Last Post: pattik1130
  Herniated Discs DRT 4 2,520 04-01-2016, 12:38 AM
  Aprox PPD rating for DDD Lumbar Disc Replacement Wabackinjury 3 4,809 07-18-2015, 12:02 AM
  Lumbar disk herniation w possible Section 32 settlement Cowboys88 8 11,067 12-30-2014, 04:54 PM