Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disaster with the new house.
just look at it this way when your done with it,it will be all yours since you are having to do so much to make it livable. Do you have a petco or large chain pet store? They will have the right stuff to take the smell away forever.Good luck my brother.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

We checked with drs foster and smith, they are a huge pet sup;y company. They had things like spot remover and pet sanitizing solutions which would work under normal situations.. This corner of the house had 3 bad things going on at the same time, years of pet pee and droppings ((((s-it))), water damage from leaking pipes and damaged foundation from the moron that hit it with his truck... We couldn't salvage any of the floor in this area either it was pure rot or so saturated with pet pee/odor I even went as far as trashing the wall framing.. Other than 2 short floor joist the structure was good, the smell is completely gone now as tosay was a good test for we had 100% humidity as it really makes the urine smells stronger...

I had a goal to have it finished by the end of sept and its in reach as long as there is no more set backs...lol. My father stops in from time to time and he thinks I went over board on replacing so much at once... All I can say is we don't have to get out of our house were in now until late april. With the extra time our attorney got us the house will be like brand new except the roof when we make the perm move..

We had a new roof put on awhile back.Its a metal one we really like it Our church came over on a sat morning.We replaced the soft spot and got its top back on in just a few hours.I really like it I thought it would be loud during storms and such but it isnt.Next step is solar panels I would love a wind turbine to generate electricity but cant afford one big enough.Got more plans then money....we can dream its free...

(08-30-2014, 07:38 PM)jayne Wrote: We had a new roof put on awhile back.Its a metal one we really like it Our church came over on a sat morning.We replaced the soft spot and got its top back on in just a few hours.I really like it I thought it would be loud during storms and such but it isnt.Next step is solar panels I would love a wind turbine to generate electricity but cant afford one big enough.Got more plans then money....we can dream its free...

I can understand the dreaming, there is so much we want to do to our house but its got to wait... When they put your new metal roof on did they just go over the shingles....? That's on our list for next year because I'm sure it wont be long before it leaks, they have tarred a lot..

I am getting a new roof in a few weeks. I am on there schedule to do this as soon as the roofing company can get to me. I also checked on a tin roof, here they cost about 40% more than 30 year shingles do. THey give tin roofs here a 50 year life. Since they cost so much more I just went with the 30 year shingles. I don't think I will be around in 30 years anyways, so the nest person can reroof it.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

yes Bronco it went right over it except for the soft spot,then they took 2 by 4s and made a frame all over the top of the house.Yes the metal is a bit more expensive but it took our home owners insurance down and since another member of the is a builder and he just charged what he had to pay for it.

Up north here a lot of people are going to metal roofing.. Up here it is typical to have 2 to 3 feet of snow on our roofs, but the problems here is we do get a lot of sun but the temps are so cold that it warms the shingles up at the bottom and then just freezes and ice backs up causing shingles to rip.. I had my son and nephew on our roof to check for soft spots and damage, it will make a winter or two and then its time.. A person could put the 20 or 30 year shingles but its really the labor that gets you, id prefer metal and never have to bother with it again...

We spent the day at the other house, I rewired some and replaced all the plug ins and light switches and boxes in the 2 smaller bedrooms. My back is punishing me now, even though I took my old sweet time doing it. The boys are going to dry wall the 2 bedrooms in the morning, this will make one side of the house complete except mudding it. They took the rest of the kitchen cabinets out and replaced the floor that had more water damage due to incorrectly install of the dish washer.. Another $100.00 in just 14 ft of floor and new insulation.. I never realized the cost of this kind of stuff, no wonder it cost so much when you have some one else do it.. But it's coming together now and hopefully no more setbacks.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House smells mmmmmmmmmmmm jayne 6 3,350 10-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Screwing with the white house bodybuilder1958 0 1,819 10-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Not the norm, male vs female my house bodybuilder1958 3 2,870 03-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
Shy Is there a doctor in the house?? Wink 1 2,135 01-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Amazing Grace sung to the music of House of the rising sun..... Bad Boy Bad Boy 14 17,556 05-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  Today, March 13th Is Call In Day to Kansas Speaker of the House Bummer Knees 5 3,279 03-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Names for Bill & Hillary's house CRABBY 3 2,543 01-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Tuffy
  schmitt house collateraldamage5591 6 2,834 12-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Last Post: halftrak
  House For Sale Tuffy 3 2,376 08-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  anyone want to clean my house"penguin Adventures" tweety00 32 9,791 06-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo