Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disaster with the new house.
Well the knotty pine had to be ripped out.. After ripping the interior dry wall off we had to pull the trim off the knotty pine to find out there was water damage. What we discovered was the company that built these houses never used a vapor barrier so moisture was able to get behind the siding and made its way into the walls. We had half the house redone and now took a big step backwards. 1 step forward then 2 steps back has been the normal with this house. Thank god my settlement checks have started because there is no way we could fix it before winter.

One nice thing about this area is the wildlife is plentifull. We have had turkeys, deer, bears stroll right by our door. And I cant forget the mice, and the 2 bats that chased my wife today....lol. Its never been a dull moment there.

God bless you Bronco,I wish you had a church like mine they would call a couple of sat.work days and you would be done.All I had to do was make sure they had all the water they could drink,a good lunch and the materials to do the job.
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

We have a church like that too Jayne.
Too bad the Mennonites or the Amish aren't close to you Bronco.

I don't know what it is or should say what has happened to the people around here.. When I was able if someone needed help we all got together and got the job done. I think after the economy fell apart every one was looking for a buck anyway they could... When our house was built I was able to watch the progress slowly and I took it all in as a learning experience. After the crew would leave the contractor would let me do some things to help cut cost. I am not capable of doing this stuff now, but I do have knowledge that I can explain how to do it... Its normally just my son and wife doing the hard work but the last 4 days I had 2 nephews and my sons friend helping.. My oldest nephew is in construction so he knows what to do.. One thing we have never had was a nice kitchen, the wife is getting one with this house.. Little by little its coming together, By the end of the week the whole house will have all new dry wall and all insulated.. The following week new windows and siding, and then we can slow down. They are claiming a early winter this year so all that will be left is a new furnace, bathroom and finnish work... We have gone past our budget, many ups and downs but in the end it will be worth it...

Today I had the Amish out to give me a price for a new roof, mine is 25 years old and has to be replaced this year. For the past 2 years we have been pushing it to get through the winters with no leaks. Well today I bit the bullet and had them out. A new roof with 30 year designer shingles will cost me 4100.00, if they have to replace wood it will cost more. He said I could figure 3 or 4 new sheets of wood. I had to give them 350.00 deposit today. Wrote the check and was happy to get my name on the schedule to get it done before winter. It will be October when them come out. So glad this is scheduled and look forward to knowing we will go into winter with a new roof above our heads.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

C_F our guys are a bit different as you will see. They will work hard for you! Most of our guys love cookies and brownies they can grab in their hands and lots and lots of icewater and if its cold a pot of coffee.

Jayne years ago when we lived in town, we decided our home was to small once we started adopting. We looked at area contractors to build an addition to our home.

We decided on contractors in the Mennonite community for the addition. We chose a contractor, father and son. They added a family room, master bedroom, bath and walk in closet as well as remodeling the kitchen.

The day the construction started was the day our first born came home from the hospital. The contractors were very considerate of having a new baby in the home. We were very happy of the job they did for us and would chose from the Mennonite community in the future.

I do so love our church

I would be to imbarassed to even as for help with this house.. This area in the picture was a small bathroom and the laundry room with a wall separating the kitchen.. When we got this house it was disturbing because the a---hole kid stopped using the bathroom because the pipes were leaking. So he used the bathroom as a kitty cage and the laundry room was where he kept 3 large dogs. He actually used the tub as a kitty litter box. You really cant imagine the smell unless you had been here when we started ripping off drywall and started taking the floors out to the floor joist's. all the insulation had to be thrown out and had to bleech the structure and painted it with kill's to just rid the smell.. These 2 rooms are the money pitt in this house. I wanted to just cap the plumbing and make a big walk-in closet with just the washer and dryer, but the wife said no...lol.

[Image: 2uotetj.jpg]

Bronco keep plugging away at it, you will get there someday.
Cervical Fusion 2003, c5-c6. Herniated and damaged Disc L1- L4-L5 S1. Lumbar Spinal Cord stimulator implant 09-2008. Cervical ACDF revision with hardware c4-c5-c6-c7 Sept 2009.
SSDI approved 3-2010. NOW OFFICIALY RETIRED

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House smells mmmmmmmmmmmm jayne 6 4,147 10-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Screwing with the white house bodybuilder1958 0 2,095 10-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Last Post: bodybuilder1958
  Not the norm, male vs female my house bodybuilder1958 3 3,382 03-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
Shy Is there a doctor in the house?? Wink 1 2,497 01-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Amazing Grace sung to the music of House of the rising sun..... Bad Boy Bad Boy 14 19,403 05-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Last Post: UndercovrAngel
  Today, March 13th Is Call In Day to Kansas Speaker of the House Bummer Knees 5 3,733 03-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Bummer Knees
  Names for Bill & Hillary's house CRABBY 3 2,924 01-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Tuffy
  schmitt house collateraldamage5591 6 3,235 12-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Last Post: halftrak
  House For Sale Tuffy 3 2,704 08-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Last Post: capricorn
  anyone want to clean my house"penguin Adventures" tweety00 32 11,447 06-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Still in Limbo