Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of the weekend
Well it's Sunday night and the end of not a bad weekend. Good thing I have nothing on the calender for tomorrow because I'm not sure I will be moving.
The one car has not been running good so I wanted to try a new set of plugs. Trouble is I could never think of doing this myself again in my life. I've had the plugs for a couple of weeks waiting for somebody to con into helping me and the x son-in-law stopped by and I talked him into doing it for me. Not wanting to look too lazy I stayed out there to help him as much as I could but I'm paying for it now and I'm sure I will tomorrow. Already on an ice pack so I can get up later.
Times like this I get to wondering how they think I could even think of some of the jobs they list for me to apply to. Hope everybody else has had a good weekend

(06-01-2014, 08:16 PM)Manley2 Wrote: Well it's Sunday night and the end of not a bad weekend. Good thing I have nothing on the calender for tomorrow because I'm not sure I will be moving.
The one car has not been running good so I wanted to try a new set of plugs. Trouble is I could never think of doing this myself again in my life. I've had the plugs for a couple of weeks waiting for somebody to con into helping me and the x son-in-law stopped by and I talked him into doing it for me. Not wanting to look too lazy I stayed out there to help him as much as I could but I'm paying for it now and I'm sure I will tomorrow. Already on an ice pack so I can get up later.
Times like this I get to wondering how they think I could even think of some of the jobs they list for me to apply to. Hope everybody else has had a good weekend

I have lost track of days of the week. It's difficult to remember when they are all the same- on the couch.

I hear that. If he was not here working on my car I would have been inside sitting for sure. And feeling better right now

Manley, you strike a good point that happens to many of us.. It like a domino effect, My right leg and right side of back was never injured, but because of the injuries on the left side, hip and pelvis my right side has taken a tole from babying the left side. Some drs say we need to still excersize to maintain what we have left. On my bad days I need my cane to just walk through the house, on my good days I can make to the patio with out it . I spend my mornings sitting in my chair, once dom is up and he eats We go out on the patio (weather permitting) where I sit in another chair watching dom, the once the wife is home its to my bed for a bit. Isnt life grand....

Bronco that is called an overuse injury.

My injury was the left knee, the right knee was added to the claim due to the altered gait , this was called an overuse injury. Later the lumbar spine was added to the claim as an overuse injury. I received treatment for the right knee by physical therapy and surgery. The lumbar spine treatment was physical therapy and injections

Manley I do understand what you are saying activity out of the norm or increased activity and we pay the price

(06-02-2014, 12:35 AM)bronco54501 Wrote: Manley, you strike a good point that happens to many of us.. It like a domino effect, My right leg and right side of back was never injured, but because of the injuries on the left side, hip and pelvis my right side has taken a tole from babying the left side. Some drs say we need to still excersize to maintain what we have left. On my bad days I need my cane to just walk through the house, on my good days I can make to the patio with out it . I spend my mornings sitting in my chair, once dom is up and he eats We go out on the patio (weather permitting) where I sit in another chair watching dom, the once the wife is home its to my bed for a bit. Isnt life grand....

My trouble was on the left side when this all started and it is slowly making trouble for my right side. Don't know if that is something they can add here but they have been treating pain on my right side.

Had to go into town Sunday morning to get cables because when he looked at it Saturday he broke one of the cables trying to get it off. Anyway I had a couple of other quick stops to make while I was in town. I say quick because I'd love to do more it's just not a good thing to spend too much time on my feet. But the funny part is I saw the first case manager from my company. I know both her and her husband and spoke to her husband but she always just turns and walks away.
It always makes me laugh because the last time I saw her before she retired was at my hearing and I can still remember how made she got at their lawyer. She was wanting things that the company lawyer was telling her she couldn't do. The hearing officer even asked them to step outside and talk before we were done. I won that hearing

I live for the summer and the pool winter sucks
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A weekend of misery bronco54501 22 10,566 10-30-2013, 11:52 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Memorial Weekend Bummer Knees 1 1,874 05-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Weekend Weather Bummer Knees 19 9,568 04-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Last Post: jayne
  Weekend Heat chrischris 4 3,348 08-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Wonderful weekend jayne 1 2,923 10-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Bummer Knees