Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ok feel like im gonna breakdown
Sad 
hello all i have been posting like crazy i just dont know what to do my arm and neck are in terrible terrible pain im at my breaking point right now dont know what to do havent had feeling in my hand in 2 days this is not good dr gave me nothing for the pain becaue my other dr had given me percocet and im all out she says for something like this deal with the pain well i cant i cant sleep or anythig and to top it off my fiancee was in a car accident yesterday hes ok car is basically totalled and its the worst time to happen luckily he was able to get a rental but we dont know what the outcome will be until they look at it with that said do i call my dr and see if there is an on call doc that can call me soemthing in or do i go to the er i dont know what to do i dont have my claim # with me and will they pay for me to go to the er?

mel..do you have a private or family physician. Maybe if you called him he could help you. I know you are in a lot of pain. I don't understand why these doctors say deal with it. I watched my husband go throught this and it was horrible to see. I can't even imagine how you feel. They didn't give him anything for pain either. I have not had a chance to send you his story, I will.

I don't think that the ER would be paid for if it is not approved. Can you hold out until the morning? I know it will be tough. Then call your claims adjuster and demand to see someone and now or if you have someone just go to their office and tell them you have to have something for pain. This is really bad. I am so sorry that you are going through this. W/C is the pits. There is no getting around that...Red
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.

i do have a private doctor but she will require a visit she usually will not call something in...and i dont have the money copay is 50 dollers to see her.....i think im going to call the wc dr and see what they say tomorrow they have to do something for me i cant deal with it

Mel

If nothing else - get approval to go to the ER - I know it's sunday and I am not sure that adjusters work on sunday in NJ. I thought I had sent you the link to the laws and if I remember correctly - there was info there that said that you could go to the er if need be and then contact them in case of emergency. However, I am not sure how that works.

Nerve pain is the toughest pain to deal with and that could be why the narcotic pain meds wasn't working for you that well. The main thing that always worked for me was Ice to help numb the area- and then at night - and you guys have had warm nights - sleeping with a heating blanket under me (on low).

Ice just seems to keep the the nerve from firing for a while - kind of deaden it I suppose.

However, remember I deal with neuropathy and TOS so it may/will be different than dealing with a neck injury most likely. All I can tell you is that you need to find a way to get some relief. Hot bath, hot shower - relaxation tapes, meditation for now (i.e. getting your mind off the pain and zoning out - I still do that a lot and it drives driller nuts)

I zone out a lot it really hepl me
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Go to the ER, explain what has happened so far. WC should pay, and if they dont you can pay them out 5 dollars a month. Also It will not hurt in the long run to have that documentation in you casefile.

Sithie
The good news is,"You can get used to anything."
The bad news is,"You can get used to anything."
:-)
Sithie

i had to go to the er 3 times before i got wc to do anything hey we all understand you have to take care of you hopefuly you can at least get relief and rest ,sending love and prayers your way sweets
worry changes nothing prayer changes every thing

Mel,
I can only imagine the pain you are in.....I feel bad so for you.
I have prayers going up for you now...for some sweet relief!
Wand waving like a mad woman too...Zwiiiing, POOF, WHAM!
Hope it helps to know that others are thinking and worrying for you!
LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

I,am sure you can not reach an adjuster on Sunday, but there is always a Dr on call, Call the WC DR and tell them either they give you something for pain NOW or you are going to the ER and charge it to WC. Or you can go to the ER and charge it to your regular ins, and then let WC and your Ins fight it out. Stick to your guns, no one should have to be in that much pain. Good luck

OK Mel........Did you go to the ER or not?
How did you come out? Let us know please.
LillySmile
Injured worker, & tired of it all! I'm too old for games!!

A careless word may kindle strife, a cruel word may wreck a life, a timely word may level stress, and a loving word may heal and bless!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink its gonna be a good one 1171 jayne 62 43,931 06-07-2017, 05:09 AM
Last Post: jayne
  when you feel down California_Help 1 2,718 05-03-2016, 11:51 AM
  I feel icky jayne 0 3,088 10-14-2014, 01:07 AM
  Its gonna be one of those nights jayne 7 5,481 09-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Don't we all feel this way? chrischris 9 6,447 07-02-2012, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Cervical_Fusion
  Is there anyone here who can't feel just fingertips? monster1963 8 14,019 03-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bronco54501
  Anyone else feel this way? BooBoosNeck 19 17,031 04-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Wink
Wink Ever Feel Like You're So Busy You Can't Get Anything Done? chrischris 5 8,089 03-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wink
  Not gonna be around much jayne 13 10,689 07-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Last Post: MJC
Toungue The Fun Continues (Gonna Write a Soap Opera ) UndercovrAngel 2 4,076 04-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: inpainokla