Hello There, Guest! Login Register
Index    |     Search    |     Members    |     Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold water PT
Can doing aqua PT be okay in cold water? The last two visits to PT the heater has not been working right so the water has been cold. Now not oh my God cold but not the 90 degrees he says the gauge says. And he agrees it is not right and has asked for it to be fixed. Trouble is the place they rent the space from is not very good at fixing things.
But back to the question can the colder water still be okay? I feel tense when I get in the water and get use to the temp but I want to get my stuff done and get out. And not hang in the deep in at all and relax after I'm done

No way could I DO PT in cold water.

I would think the therapist would want you to make progress not regress.

uote='Manley2' pid='156772' dateline='1401404808']
Can doing aqua PT be okay in cold water? The last two visits to PT the heater has not been working right so the water has been cold. Now not oh my God cold but not the 90 degrees he says the gauge says. And he agrees it is not right and has asked for it to be fixed. Trouble is the place they rent the space from is not very good at fixing things.
But back to the question can the colder water still be okay? I feel tense when I get in the water and get use to the temp but I want to get my stuff done and get out. And not hang in the deep in at all and relax after I'm done
[/quote]

(05-29-2014, 07:06 PM)Manley2 Wrote: Can doing aqua PT be okay in cold water? The last two visits to PT the heater has not been working right so the water has been cold. Now not oh my God cold but not the 90 degrees he says the gauge says. And he agrees it is not right and has asked for it to be fixed. Trouble is the place they rent the space from is not very good at fixing things.

Do you feel like your tense when you get out? The large lap pools that I have been in before a few years ago were cold because you get warm while exercising by swimming constantly for an hour. But if your pretty sedentary while in the cold water, it won't do much for relaxing you and make your muscles more tense. If your shivering cold in the pool, I would wait until the heater is fixed before going again.

I'm not shivering when I'm in the pool it's just not very warm. I do feel like I tense up getting in but don't really feel bad when i get out but I also now only get what I need done and get out. I'm sure that it is better if I can spend more time in the deep end and hang some. That really seems to help as much as anything. I'm not doing that much in the water to really get warmed up.

(05-29-2014, 10:40 PM)Manley2 Wrote: I'm not shivering when I'm in the pool it's just not very warm. I do feel like I tense up getting in but don't really feel bad when i get out but I also now only get what I need done and get out. I'm sure that it is better if I can spend more time in the deep end and hang some. That really seems to help as much as anything. I'm not doing that much in the water to really get warmed up.

Sounds like your experience there is not pleasant. Personally, I would wait until the water is warmer and more beneficial. Sounds like your rushing when you should be relaxing especially at the end of your session.
Hopefully they will have it fixed soon!

When I had water pt at the ymca, there therapy pools were set between 80 and 90. I can not stay in a pool very long if its below 75 my muscles cramp up in my injured leg. There were many days I had to get out of the pool and sit in the hot tub just so I could walk to the showers. It is my understanding you need to warm up before excersising and don't see much sense in cooling them back down while your trying to strengthen e.t.c.

If it is not harming you and you can tolerate it, I recommend doing it rather than delay the aqua therapy...unless they can send you to another facility. I don't know what state you are in but many in my state many have to fight to get aqua therapy.

If it is painful due to the cold, then I would not go.
I am not an attorney.Anything I write should not be considered legal advice.I am writing from my own personal experiences,which is not from any sort of legal background. You should consult with an attorney over legal issues. In California, if you cannot get an attorney you can consult with an I&A officer.

cold water = pain for me no way would I even think about getting in it...
........I love cats, I just cant eat a whole one by myself......

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dang its cold bronco54501 7 4,385 09-15-2014, 02:59 PM
Last Post: fatboy
  Cold bronco54501 2 1,801 11-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Last Post: Manley2
  Its flipping cold bronco54501 18 8,552 01-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Last Post: jayne
  CARRIE YOU ARE BURNING WATER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jayne 1 1,510 01-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  WINK!!!!!!! Don't do it. Thats not clean water!!! AQA 6 4,686 09-26-2010, 11:23 PM
  A cold from a cat bodybuilder1958 1 2,219 03-25-2010, 07:49 AM
Last Post: kit
Sad Poor cold roadrunner monster 8 5,066 12-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Last Post: monster
  God it's cold out bronco54501 9 5,111 11-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Last Post: bronco54501
  pic of my yard of water sweet tooth 14 6,559 08-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Last Post: chrischris
  BURRR Its cold Tuffy 10 4,815 01-04-2008, 09:34 AM